Chapter Three- A Worried Friend and Her Worried Boyfriend (Lorcan's Version)

LORCAN

"Another one?" The thought kept repeating itself in Lorcan's head.

He was sitting beside her on the edge of the bed as he took in her features. She looked human but didn't feel or smell like one. Her cheeks were hollow, her arms and legs were comparable to the branches on the forest floor. When he had carried her to the tent, she was lighter than the wood he had carried the night before.

That was when he heard footsteps making their way to the tent. The tent opening had revealed his white-haired friend and their female companion. They had gone for a walk in the woods to calm Isa down due to her hour-long sobbing.

Her eyes were red, puffy and glassy, her face full of dried-up tears. She had apparently known who this new fallen her was. Though all he knew was that they were friends who were separated on the day the war had happened in their world. They couldn't get any more information due to the brunette's sobs overpowering her words.

Lorcan just looked at her and tilted his head to the side, a gesture asking if she was feeling better now.

Isa nodded and asked, "How is she?"

"Same as before" Lorcan replied. Isa just pursed her lips and nodded, making her way to the opposite side of the bed. Rowan made his way to one of the chairs though his eyes barely left the brunette.

"Can't he just confess?" Lorcan thought annoyed by how his friend was so lovesick yet made no move on the brunette. In a couple of hours he's probably gonna approach Lorcan for love advice then proceed to not follow said advice and mope until Isa approached him. Let's not even get started with Isabella. The woman also mopes about her feelings and then proceeds to be oblivious to the numerous flirting attempts Rowan will make later in the day.

"Mind sharing a little more about your friend over here," He said to Isa, his head tilting towards the sleeping female on the bed. Rowan cast him a warning look to not push but Lorcan ignored his white-haired companion.

Isa took a deep breath and then reached out to hold her friend's hand.
"Her name is Kaz"

Kaz.

"What a ridiculous name" Lorcan thought, dismissing the tug on his chest the name had caused.     He probably just needs food that's not eggs.

"Before I came here, before the war, she was my closest friend. We were together the day I got captured. We were supposed to escape together but there were too many people and we got separated. I thought she had died that day, I thought she was shot" Isa brought the hand to her chest clutching it close as a few tears escaped her eyes. "I heard her screams just as they caught me. But I guess they put us in different facilities but I'm not too sure since they never let us out. "

Gavriel and Fenrys just made their way to the tent but Lorcan knew they had heard what the girl was saying.

They were all silent, the only thing audible was the sniffs coming from their female friend.

Fenrys coughed, all heads turning to him as he questioned "So...how about a little warning on what she's like?"

The corners of Isabella's lip turned up and she chuckled "Well, She's...." She then started to giggle. "She's a lot. She's quite high maintenance so I don't know how she's gonna handle staying at a forest." She paused "But she's kind even though she has a hard time admitting to it. She's gonna be in pain but she's gonna cover it up with humour, so don't always believe her if she says she's fine but respect it and wait for her. She secretly loves being coddled but don't tell her I said that. She can get a bit mean and aggressive at times so don't take it to heart." She stopped for a moment " I'm sorry I was rambling" She looked at them one by one in the eyes.

"She doesn't like you guys though.."

Fenrys gasped.

"What do you mean she doesn't like me? She doesn't even know me!"

"Well, she wasn't exactly a fan of the books" the brunette replied rubbing the back of her head.

"As I said don't take some of her words to heart"

The group of males nodded wearily while a certain blonde sported a pout on his lips.
That's when the girl on the bed made a sound.

Everyone froze, waiting to see if she would wake or not. But she just moved to her side, mumbling in a language that he did not recognize. After the little lady got comfortable in her new position she let out a breath muttering the one word that everyone in the room understood.

"Fuck you bitch"

Fenrys let out a booming laugh which caused the room to glare at him. Isa had used this insult a lot during training, especially with Lorcan. They had grow to understand a few words and phrases due to their female companion.

But the rest weren't as amused or at least hid it well as Rowan hissed at him demanding him to shut his mouth after the icy blonde noticed his mate tensing.

But it was too late, Fenry's laugh had caused the girl's eye to shoot open. She sat up at lightning speed, her eyes immediately landing on a certain brunette who was right by her side.

"Oh My God"

Then she passed out again.