𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃.

❝ 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖓𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖊𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝖐𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖉𝖆𝖒

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖑𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖊𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝖆𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒. ❞

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

J.R. Jordan Rietveld. K for Kaz. Jayar rubbed the tattoo over his right wrist, whispering the same thing over and over. "K for Kaz. K for Kaz." I can save him. I couldn't save him before, but I can now. No one turns my brother into a monster and gets to live peacefully with it. I've been waiting a long time. He turned the scalpel over in his hand again and again, staring blankly in the mirror at the tally marks slowly adding up on his torso. Pekka Rollins doesn't remember me. That's why he doesn't know what's coming.

Jordie Rietveld is alive. Devastatingly, heart-wrenchingly, terribly alive. Alive because of a secret that could rock the very foundation of the world everyone is living in, a walking corpse, holding the power of destruction and healing in the details of a drug no one knows the extents of. He's back in Ketterdam, and he's seen what his baby brother has become. He knows who's responsible. And he's itching for revenge.

He and Pekka Rollins have bad blood simmering in the air, so tangible you can practically taste it, and yet Pekka has no idea. Well, no matter. He'll get what's coming to him.

When the king of the Barrel is offered a job commissioned by mercher Jan Van Eck to send a bunch of Ketterdam street scum to steal Bo Yul-Bayur from the legendary Ice Court, the impenetrable fortress in Fjerda, he decides he wants the money before the Dregs get to it first. But this job sounds dangerous and may not be worth the thirty million kruge reward, so instead of selecting the best out of his prized Dime Lions, he picks out a quiet young errand runner who catches his attention when he kills one of his best bruisers in a nasty fight that breaks out at the Emerald Palace. Jayar Kade is more than he seems at first glance, and so Rollins chooses him to assemble a team of the most sinister, creative, and expendable criminals he can find.

It always comes back to this damned drug, doesn't it? Can't escape the claws of jurda parem... I guess I always knew it would catch up to me.

But Jayar doesn't intend to hand Pekka Rollins any money, and that isn't his real name.

It's really a shame he doesn't remember him.

Could have saved him a lot of trouble.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

⛧ᵈⁱᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ʷᵉ'ᵈ ᵇᵉ ᶠⁱⁿᵉ?
ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵍᵒᵗ ˢᶜᵃʳˢ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵏⁿⁱᶠᵉ
ˢᵒ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃˢᵗ
𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔰𝔢 𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔰 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖙

ⁿᵒʷ ᵈⁱᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ⁱᵗ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ?
ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ʷⁱˡˡ ᶜᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵘᵖ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘ
ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ʰᵉᵃˡ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰⁱˢ ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ 
𝔰𝔬 𝔦𝔣 𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔶 𝔴𝔞𝔶, 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

TRIGGER WARNING ꒦꒷𓄰⊹
Death, violence, self-harm, firearm use, addiction, sexual references, drug use, smoking, alcohol consumption, childhood trauma, probably abuse, and generally anything you'd expect from an soc fic. If you were fine reading the original duology, you'll be fine reading this. I'm not big on swearing so there probably won't be much of it. No smut. Mild romance here and there. Lots of murder and gang violence and crime, and people having fun doing it. As a disclaimer, I do not condone the behavior of the characters in this story. It's not a pretty one.

THIS FOLLOWS THE PLOT OF SIX OF CROWS BY LEIGH BARDUGO. CANON CHARACTERS WILL BE PRESENT. THE PLOT WILL LIKELY NOT CONTINUE ON INTO CROOKED KINGDOM, SO IT WILL HAVE AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ENDING.

CREDITS ೨◟✧
Based on Six Of Crows, credits to Leigh Bardugo. Set in The Grishaverse, credits to Leigh Bardugo. Writing & cover by me (hi). Original character credits will be noted on the cast page; tysm to everyone who helped me out by making an oc!

NOTE ༉‧₊˚
Este, Xin, please don't kill me. I'M WRITING LOST DESTINIES OK. To everyone else... you clicked for the Taylor Swift title, didn't you? You know I'm right.

˚ · • . ° .

STATUS: ONGOING !