Chapter 8 -Star Spell

One late night, my door was knocked by Chen Zhou.

I was flustered but quickly put on some clothes and hurriedly fixed my hair in front of the mirror. I opened the door already done up: "Hi."

He looked at me and held back a smile. "ShiFu, come out quickly. I have something to show you."

"Something for me?" I couldn't contain my excitement as he led me to the center of the courtyard. He stood in front of me, his eyes shining like stars. "ShiFu, close your eyes."

I followed his instructions and when he told me to open them again, I was stunned by what I saw before me. Everywhere I looked there were twinkling lights like fireflies, and as my heart raced faster and faster, my vision began to blur and the lights became unfocused. I turned around and saw that even behind me, there were lights.

I reached out to touch them, and the lights obediently followed my fingers, swirling around them. They were stars that Chen Zhou had created for me.

Chen Zhou's gaze followed the lights as they circled around my fingertips before lifting his eyes to meet mine.

"ShiFu, it seems like you have been troubled recently. Will this make you a little happier?"

"Of course, I'm very happy!" I quickly replied.

But then I began to wonder, "How can my disciple be so talented? These stars are so magnificent and yet they didn't vanish even after this long. Even I couldn't have created them."

He said naturally: "I made them little by little, and stored them in the ring."

He was clearly injured and, given his level of cultivation, it was impossible for him to recover quickly. Using a large amount of spiritual energy to support his injured meridians was akin to slow suicide.

I sighed: "My disciple, ShiFu is happy, but you must not harm yourself. The thing that makes ShiFu happiest is for you to be well."

He lowered his eyelids, not knowing what he was thinking: "I understand, ShiFu. I won't do it."I wanted to check his pulse, but he stopped me.

He stopped me, but he couldn't resist my insistence and soon allowed me to take a look.Indeed, he was still injured.

But it looked lighter than last time.

I breathed a sigh of relief and also said to him: "My disciple, forget about the things ShiFu said before that were rebellious and unrighteous. Falling into demonic cultivation is extremely bad, and good disciples don't do that, otherwise ShiFu will be scolded by many people. ShiFu has a sensitive heart and being scolded can lead me to despair, and I may even jump off Floating Cloud Mountain."

He pursed his lips and nodded: "I've always known, ShiFu, you don't have to worry."