Chapter 5 - Accident in the Supermarket

Last time, as mentioned previously, the original owner's memory of going to the Mo Lin Ye was like going to the supermarket to buy groceries.

As we all know, unexpected things can happen when going to the supermarket.

Such as arguing with someone who cuts in line, or standing in front of the self-checkout machine with seven or eight people in line behind you, only to find that your phone suddenly loses its connection to the internet; and such as a fish, still in the bowl, suddenly jumps onto your shoes, or as the next person steps on a slipper that disappears while you are wearing it, leaving only the "V" shaped straps on your foot.

Also, a two-meter high shelf that never falls chooses the moment you pass by to fall and smash onto your head.

At times like this, my first reaction is to protect my child.

A huge and hideous creature that almost obscured the sky in front of me roared and swiped its claw at me.

Just as Chenzhou summoned his BuYe Sword, I grabbed him and quickly moved to a safe spot, summoning my QiMing Sword with my right hand and using my left hand to conjure up Yingdie (TL note: road-leading butterfly), which I gave to Chenzhou, instructing him: "Follow it and wait for me outside the Mo Lin Ye."

Before Chenzhou could say anything, the beast let out another roar and swiped at us again.I pushed him away, flipped over to a different spot, and activated the Sword Skill from the original owner's memories. I brought my fingers together, reciting the sword incantation, and the Qiming Sword immediately emitted a golden light. I swung it, causing the beast to howl in pain.

Was it really just a physical attack?

According to the principle of mutual restraint between immortals and demons, this move should have come with a debuff to its armor. Unless this thing was a monster?

As I was contemplating this, the quasi-useless passive ability of the Qiming, the Soul-Calling skill, which came with the sword's status as a divine artifact, kicked in. Holding the Qiming, I was forced to quickly go through the tragic history of how this monster had been reduced to a mount and being killed off along with its entire family.

The original owner had read stories that were far more exciting than this, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

Was it really just a monster?

If it was, then why would it attack me so actively?

I'm not the deranged demon that kills their whole family.

Most of the monsters in this world are uncivilized, with their behavioral guides not completely developed by humans. It's normal to encounter things you can't understand, so I didn't think too much about it.

But when I attacked that monster, it stopped attacking me and ran in the opposite direction.Wait a minute, isn't that where Chen Zhou is?