Reunited at Last

A/N: This prompt was suggested by Lizardkiller; she's known as issy5316  here on Wattpad. 

She suggested a story where Nathan and Oberon spent their first night together since they were separated, just cuddling and getting some well-deserved rest.

.

The day's events finally hit Nathan, making him feel like he'd just gone another round against Jonah. After dealing with the formalities of resigning as Director of U.N.I.T., the paperwork needed to let Dean visit Fili in the hospital, and making a plan for searching the Bureau's plane with Rosarie, he was ready to go home and sleep. And this time, Avi and Oberon would be waiting for him.

He couldn't help but smile as he turned onto the street where Oberon's- or maybe he should say their house was. As the home got closer, he could see that the front porch light was on, and the lights in the front living room were still lit. He pulls into the driveway and stops beside Oberon's Jeep, putting his car in park and killing the engine.

With the keys in hand, he locks the car and walks to the front door. Oberon had given him the spare key earlier, so he inserted it into the lock, twisting it open before stepping inside. Once he stands in the entranceway, he closes and locks the door, then puts his coat and boots into their designated spots on the organizer against the wall.

He quietly rounds the corner of the short hall and smiles at the sight that greeted him. Oberon was lying on the couch asleep with one arm hanging off, his fingers brushing the floor. His feet hung just off the edge of the armrest while his head was on a plush pillow. Avi was lying on top of his father, sleeping soundly while holding his stuffed kangaroo and koala close to his chest. A blanket was pulled over the two, but it was starting to slide off. Looking at the TV, Nathan saw that the title screen for the Lion King was playing; the two must have fallen asleep during a movie marathon, and the film restarted.

Nathan approaches the sleeping pair and slowly slides his arms under Avi, lifting him off Oberon. The boy mumbled in his sleep, but once Nathan had settled him in his arms, Avi relaxed against his father. A noise from the couch alerts Nathan that Oberon has woken up, and he looks down to see hazy green eyes blinking at him.

"Don' take m'boy again...." Oberon mumbles, tiredly reaching out, not awake enough to process what is happening.

Nathan smiles bittersweet, "it's just me, Oberon, it's Naga."

"Aga?" he yawns, "you... You came back? S'asn't a dream?"

"No, this is real," he promises, "Avi and I came back... But he needs to go to bed, and you do too."

He rubs his eyes, yawing aging, "m'k... m'commin...."

Oberon fumbles around the coffee table for the remote to turn off the TV. He drops the remote on the couch and hauls himself to his feet, yawning while he trails after his husband. He flicks the light switch to turn off the lights, and Nathan guides him up the stairs.

"Which room is Avi's?" Nathan whispers once they reach the second-floor landing.

Oberon rubs his eyes, "this one...."

He brings his boys over to the left hallway and opens the second door, revealing the bedroom he had made for his son. The floors were light, laminated hardwood with a large, fluffy green rug in the center. The walls were painted white with a red accent wall, dark brown trim and matching closet doors. Poppy had helped him paint the opening line of sheet music for Avi's favourite lullaby, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, above the bed.

The furniture was dark brown like the trim and doors, with the bed and nightside tables against the red wall opposite the entrance. The closet was to the left of the bed, and to the right was a large window with a built-in bench. Along the wall where the entrance was, there was a set of green bean bag chairs, a bookcase with a small desk attached to the side of it, and a chest for toys. The room was filled with Avi's things from Concordia, plus some new items Oberon had bought.