Chapter Eight

A/N so in the media above is a drawing I did of Kija. He wasn't supposed to look 16, but you know... At least it looks okay, right? 😅 In a later chapter I'll put a picture of Jae-ha I drew, but not right now.

Anyways. On with the chapter!!!

--------------------------------------

  I spent the next week recovering my strength, bonding with Kija, and exploring the White Dragon Village.

  All of the people there were incredibly polite and friendly, and the villagers who had surrounded me in the woods personally came and apologized for their irreverent behavior, assuring me that if they'd known I was the Black Dragon they would never have shot at me and knocked me out.

  Also during that week, I had a few more conversations with my resident mental dragon god about the original Dragons Warriors. That was an incredibly interesting topic and made me wish I could have met them, especially the original Blue Dragon, Abi, who sounded like the sweetest creature in existence from Ko's description of him.

  She also gave me a few visions of Yona and Hak's journey, showing me that they were alive and well, and currently traveling to find the Dragon Warriors.

  I was restless all week long after I discovered that they were coming here for Kija first, which led to nervous and excited fidgeting and pacing during my free time. This annoyed Kija and his Grandmother slightly whenever it happened, as it generally happened when I was talking to them.

  The anxiety my restlessness gave them only grew as the week progressed, until finally one day they decided to just give me some space for the day.

  Which is how I ended up sitting at the base of the large tree in the center of the village when some of the guards came into the village carrying a boy (or was it a girl?) who looked a few years older than me and put him (her?) into a cage, hands and feet tied up.

~•~

  "Hey!!"

  A shout startled me from my nap. After I'd seen the villagers bring in the stranger and put them in a cage, I had decided to try to sleep until something else happened. There would have been no use trying to talk to the stranger, as he (her?) was knocked out.

  "Come on! Let me out!" the teen ordered to no avail. "I may be handsome, but putting me in a cage is in poor taste!"

  Ah, so it was a boy. I seriously doubt that a girl would call herself 'handsome' after all.

  "Just so you know, the heavens favor these good looks!"

  Wow, this kid is pretty conceited. He's not entirely wrong though: he is rather pretty for a boy. Not the same type of pretty as Kija, but more of a girly pretty than an angel pretty.

  "If anything happens to me, you'll suffer divine punishment!"

  I laughed at that.

  He's literally in a village of descendants of a dragon warrior, granted power from a god, and he was talking about "divine punishment".

  The villager guarding his cage looked down at him, apparently having the same thought as me because he stated calmly, "Our dragon decides who will be punished."