melody

12:34 am

@Michael5SOS followed you

Three words.

The three words I had been wishing to see for two years were now lighting up my phone screen. My breath caught in my lungs as I read those three words over and over again, not realizing what they mean. I run a hand through my lilac, messy hair as I unlock my phone, nearly dropping it on the floor as I try to not faint.

I have seen friends, followers and mutuals getting followed by one of the boys in 5 seconds of summer since I first made an twitter account. I have always envied them. Who wouldn't? To get noticed by your idol is of course an amazing feeling. It is one of my favourite things about this fandom. How happy the boys can make us just by doing the most simple things.

It really is beautiful, our connection with the boys. Unique, even.

I have never really understood how important it was for a fan to get followed by their idol. Of course, I had been spamming Michael for a while, but it hadn't really struck to me how much I really wanted it. How much I needed it. Just the thought of dming him, having my own private conversation with him, made me feel all warm inside. I couldn't help but smile.

And that's when I finally realized it. Michael, my favourite person in the entire world, had just noticed me. He had used a few seconds of his life on me, a simple girl from London. As I let it all sink in, I could feel the tears dwell in my eyes. Sobs are fighting their way up my throat, almost choking me. I lay down on my bed, my pillow pressed against my face as I let all the sobs out.

And I cry. Tears of joy, of course. It all feel so unrealistic. How did he find my account? What was he thinking when he followed me? While my phone vibrates every few second, all my feelings pile up inside of me and cloak my thoughts. I reply to the ones congratualting me, but all I really want to do is to throw away my phone and scream at the top of my lungs.

I type in his name in the search bar to find his account, only to stare at the two words written next to his name.

Michael Clifford follows you

My phone screen is covered in my tears, and I can barely hold it steady with my shaky hands. Hapiness fills my insides as a huge smile grows on my face. I take a screenshot, only to send it to the two persons I care most about in this world (next to Michael, of course).

Two minutes later I sit with my legs crossed and my laptop in front of me, talking to the two idiots I call my best friends.

"Wait, so you're saying he followed you out of nowhere?" Amy whines as she puts a hand over her mouth, her eyes wide. I can tell she is surprised.

"Stalker much" Well.

"Shut up, Will" Amy rolls her eyes in annoyance.

"You have to admit it is kind of creepy." Will says, his eyebrows raised.

I cannot help but to laugh at them. This somehow entertained me.

"Why are you my friend again?" Amy sighs. (I ask myself the same question every day)

"Well, first of all I'm attractive, which is the reason people hang out with us in the first place. I'm also funny, as you -"

"Ok, both of you, shut the fuck up before I punch you both in the throat." I chuckle, a huge smile growing on my lips.

"Well, technically, you can't. If you haven't noticed, we're talking through Skype, which makes it physically impossible for you to even touch us."

I facepalm myself so hard I won't be surprised if my nose starts to bleed.

"Oh my god, Will." Amy groans, obviously as annoyed as me.