Part 14

It will take a couple of days before we can arrive at Zero's manor in the south.

After our wedding ceremony, he shared his intention of taking me to his manor to my family. My family was shocked at first but decided to respect my husband's decision. We had a teary goodbye before we were able to ride to the carriage that would take us to his land.

Along with the massive group of knights he had taken with us, we were able to get out of the Iljar's capital and are now in the middle of the forest, heading south.

Magkaharap kaming nakaupo sa malaking karwahe na inihanda niya para sa aming dalawa.

He was sitting in front of me with his arms crossed, looking out our window.

This is our first day as husband and wife.

Pero hindi ako natutuwa.

I read in the novel that after arriving at his manor, the duke got colder and more indifferent towards his treatment of Cassidy.

From the very beginning, I don't remember reading that he has feelings of possessiveness towards her like what he shows to me right now.

In the novel, he was cold toward her from their first meeting until the end.

Nanatili lang akong nakatitig sa kanya at mukhang napansin naman niya iyon kaya kaagad siyang napalingon sa akin. Mabilis ko namang binawi ang paningin ko at napatingin sa view na nasa labas.

Now, I can feel the weight of his stare while I acted like I did not notice him.

And what is with this silence between us?!

Teka, pinagpaplanuhan na kaya niya ang paraan ng pagpatay niya sa akin kaya sobrang tahimik niya?! Mama! Save me!

Anya is riding on another carriage, which means that I am left alone with this cold duke. Siya lang ang makakasama kong lady-in-waiting sa bagong tirahan namin.

I feel like crying.

Now, I'm completely stuck with this duke as his wife, and God only knows what will happen in the future.

But wait.

Bigla akong napaupo ng maayos nang may biglang pumasok na ideya sa utak ko.

Ngayong wala na akong kawala sa kanya at tuluyan na niya akong napakasalan, ang tanging magagawa ko nalang ay ang baguhin ang takbo ng kuwento.

Come to think of it.

Cassidy is also distant from him in the novel. They never shared a bond together, and maybe it is because the lady is in love with another man by the name of Isaac.

Kasal lang sila sa papel and I did not read about the two being close.

If that is the case, I only need to be on my husband's good side so that he can't kill me, right?

Being a good and caring wife for him will be my ticket to a good life! Hah! I'm so bright!

"What is with this creepy grin in your face?" I was startled when he suddenly spoke.

Oops, hindi ko namalayan na naka-evil smile na pala ako habang iniisip ang mga plano ko.

Mabilis naman akong nagtaas ng mukha at ngumiti ng sobrang tamis sa kanya. That's right. I only need to be good to him so he won't kill me in the future. I will be the best wife in all of Iljar!

I saw the surprise on his face when he saw me smiling so sweetly at him.

Marahil magmula ng ikasal kami hanggang kanina ay nakasimangot lang ako.