Part 7

I'm done.

I'm so done.

Now, I've run out of ideas to make the Duke break off from our engagement.

"My lady, kailangan niyo na pong maghanda para sa birthday ball na gaganapin sa palasyo." Anya was arranging the bedsheets when she smiled proudly at me. "They say that this is the first time the Duke has invited someone to the ball. You must prepare and present yourself beautifully in front of his grace, my lady. The cold-blooded Duke, who won't even budge at the sight of other ladies, has chosen to invite you. Oh, our miss is so lucky!"

At nagpunas pa siya ng luha sa mga mata.

Pero nanatili lang akong nakadapa sa kama habang wala sa sariling nakatulala sa kawalan. Yakap-yakap ko pa ang unan at magulo ang aking buhok.

Yeah. Lucky, my ass.

I know that he's only being nice to me because he's planning to use me—wait.

Bigla akong napaupo ng maayos sa kama at napaisip ng malalim.

That's right.

Now that I have mentioned it, I don't remember why the Duke killed Cassidy. He used her—for what?

Shit.

Napasabunot nalang ako ng buhok at nakangangang napatingin sa kawalan nang may na-realize ako.

I fucking skipped it.

I fucking skipped that part of the novel!

I skipped some chapters that reveal the Duke's plan on using Cassidy for whatever the hell reason he has!

Ang nabasa ko lang ay ang part na pinatay na niya si Cassidy at ini-reveal na ginamit niya lang ito para sa mga plano nito.

Ang malaking katanungan dito ay plano para saan?

I did not even remember what happened after that! I skipped forward to the ending of the male lead and the female lead without reading almost half of the story!

Oh, yes.

I'm doomed.

I'm so fucking doomed.

I learned the most horrific lesson today: Kung magbabasa ka ng isang novel ay kailangang basahin mo ito from cover to cover para kapag na-transmigrate ka dito ay malalaman mo ang takbo at nilalaman ng kwento.

From now on, I will move blindly through this novel without learning the real plans of the man who is fated to kill me.

This is a big disadvantage for me!

I must absolutely stop this marriage!

"My lady," Anya caught my attention. "Are you listening to me?"

"Anya." Nakatulalang tawag ko sa kanya.

Napakurap naman siya.

"Yes, my lady?"

"If you want someone to like you, what would you do?"

Napataas naman siya ng tingin at napaisip ng malalim.

"Well, if I want someone to like me, I will do everything they want me to do. For example, I could style my hair to their taste and wear the clothing they like. You make someone like you by doing that."

A creepy grin slowly formed on my lips.

At nang makita iyon ni Anya ay bigla nalang siyang kinabahan.

"M-miss...you look s-scary..." She almost cried.

"Then all I have to do is the complete opposite of all of his likes for him to dislike me, right?"