Chapter 10 ~ Cheater?

You sat in your living room, ready, waiting for the triplets to pick you up. Since you been home you still haven't talked to your mom. She seems really mad. Like she hates you. You've both just kinda been avoiding each other. You heard a car honk from outside.  You got up grabbing your bag and the baby's carseat. You opened the van and saw the triplets. "Hey!" you said excitedly. "hi" Chris said tiredly. Nick waved with no effort. Matt didnt say a word. "So are we just not gonna talk." You say awkwardly. "We're all tried from last night." Matt says. "Tired? From what?" you ask.  "We spent all last night unpacking.". You dont say anything and just sit back in the chair. Soon you get to school and right as your getting out woolly mammoth starts crying. You groan. You look over and see chris trying to walk away. You grab him by his backpack. "Um where are you going" you say gesturing toward the crying baby. "Ugh fine" he says. He starts feeding the baby and you lean on the car watching. "Im getting really fucking sick of this baby" he says. "Your sick?" you ask. He nods his head. "IVE HAD HIM WAY MORE THAN YOU" you say playfully yelling.  He just looks at you and puts woolly mammoth back into his carseat. "Finally the last day we have him" you say with a sigh of relief. Chris closes the car door and you both walk to class. Chris immediately goes to his desk and puts his head down. You go to the teacher's desk. "Do i turn him in yet?" you ask. The teacher nods his head and you set woolly mammoth on the table along with all his stuff. You walk back to your desk and slouch in your chair. You look over at Chris and he's fast asleep. You smile to yourself and soon the teacher starts talking. You listen to his lecture while taking notes.

~ Time Skip ~

You walk into the lunchroom and see the triplets. But not just them. A girl. You walk over confused after you get your lunch. "Hey y/n" nick says smiling. "Hey." you say You finally see who the girl is. "Hi Madi" you say. You all talk for awhile. "Wait wheres the baby?" Matt asks. "Woolly mammoth?" Chris asks. Nick starts laughing. "yeah him". "Oh today was the last day we had him" Chris says. Soon lunch was over and you decide to skip class. You walkupstairs like you normally would but instead of going to class you went into the bathroom. You went into the very last stall and hung your backpack on the hanger on the bathroom stall. You sat against the wall and scrolled on your phone for awhile. Only about 15 minutes in you hear the principal's voice on the loud speaker. "-Hall sweep". You didn't hear the first part but hall sweep was all you needed to know. A hall sweep was when all classroom doors get locked and teachers check for any skippers. "Shit" you whisper under your breath. You grabbed your bag and placed it onto the railing next to the toilet. "Don't fall." you whisper. You slightly opened the stall's door and jumped onto the sink. You ducked your head so they couldn't see from above. "Please work" you said in your head. You heard foot steps approaching.  They got louder and louder until they entered the bathroom. They stopped as you held your breath. "Bathroom 2 is clear" you heard a lady say onto a walkie-talkie. You quietly sighed. You heard the bathroom door close and listened as you heard her footsteps fade. You went back on your phone and waited to her the speaker again. "Hall sweep is clear." A voice says on the speakers. You decided to finish your homework for your next class since you were already failing. You hopped off the sink and opened your bag, grabbing your homework. You got a pencil from the side pocket and sat against the wall. You finally finished and checked your phone for the time. You had 6 minutes before the bell rang so you started putting everything away. You fixed your hair a bit and finally the bell rang. You carefully walked out the bathroom making sure there were no teachers watching. You quickly walked away from the bathroom and slowed down once you were away. You felt someone tap your shoulder. You turn around and you saw a group of girls. The girl who tapped your shoulder had black hair and brown eyes. "Um yeah?" you ask confused. "I heard you're going out with Chris" she said. "Oh really?" you say sarcastically. She rolls her eyes giving you a dirty look. She stared at you before she talking again. "So are you guys dating or not?" she says in a rush. "Yes" you say. She looks you up and down and smiles. You sarcastically smile back and walk away. "Won't last long" you hear her say. You laugh walking into class. You see Matt and go sit next to him.

~ Time Skip ~

Class finally ended and you walk with Matt to the van. Usually Chris would walk with you guys but you didn't see him today. "Chris isn't here. Weird" Matt says. You see the van from a distance but don't see anyone near it. "mm" you mumble. Right before you get to the van you see Nick walking over. Matt unlocks it and you all get in. "Have you seen Chris?" Matt asks. "umm no i don't think so" nick says. After waiting for a couple minutes you see Chris. He was walking out the school doors with a girl. His arm was wrapped around her shoulder. You stare as Nick and Matt turn to look at you. You sigh and sit back in your chair. You make eye contact with Matt and you can tell he feelings uncomfortable. You give him a fake smile and look away. You watch out the window as he walks her to her car. He comes back smiling. "Hey guys" he says opening the door. You and nick turn to look at him while Matt looks in the mirror to see him. "uh. Did you guys hear me?" he asks. "yeah we're just choosing to ignore you" nick says. You look over at Chris but he's already looking at you. You turn away and take your phone out your pocket. You scroll on your phone, texting people back. Soon Matt pulls into the driveway and you go inside your house.

~Time Skip~

You go onto instagram and see a new post from Chris. It was him and the same girl from school. He was in a parking lot in her car. You take a screenshot and send it to Nick. You put your phone down and go downstairs. You walk into the kitchen with you mom already in there. She still hasn't talked to you and you weren't planning on saying sorry. You open the fridge and look for any food. You get a tin of leftovers and heat it up. Once you finish eating you go back upstairs to take a shower. You finish washing up and go into your closet. You look around and Chris' white t-shirt catches your eye. You sigh putting it on. Then you open your dresser and grab a random pair of gray sweatpants. You jumped onto your bed, grabbing the tv remote and this time putting on a random video. You grab your phone and check your notifications.

2 texts from Nick
1 Text from Chris
38 notifications from Instagram

You open your messages and check nick's first.

*Texting*

N- Yeah I saw him leave
N- If I know anything i'll tell you

M- Thanks Nick
M- Goodnight

Then you check Chris'.

*Texting*

C- Goodnight love

You don't respond, leaving him on read.

You set your alarm, putting you're phone down. You grab your stuffed animal and fall asleep with it.

————————————————————————
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 855 READS!!
THANK YOU FOR 21 VOTES!
3-7-23
I don't have many ideas but Im trying.
Word count: 1375