Sports day

₈.

When I woke up, I already knew it was going to be trouble.

When I walked outside, I saw Saiki and his parents, "{name}!" Mrs. Saiki yelled, and I ran over and hugged the woman.

"You're actually going! I'm so happy!" I smiled and nodded. Saiki didn't look sad, but his demeanor wasn't happy either. I just knew he didn't want to participate in sports day.

"Did you tell your father about you participating in sports day?" I nodded "I told him to come see me when he's free"

"I finally get to see your dad hopefully we'll be good friends" Mr. Saiki said smiling,,

When the bell rang, the whole class gathered to hear Hairo's pep talk,

"Listen up. Today is honestly about one thing: us being victorious!" Everyone yelled, "Let's do it!" I won't lie; I was a little excited because of Hairo.

"Sports day is so stupid. It's basically a joke" Kaidou said, he kept going on, but I was getting everyone hyped with Hairo.

"We got this! Class three rules!" I yelled, and everyone cheered, minus Saiki (of course),, 

"{name} you gotta get first place in everything!" Chiyo said, "I will. Trust me if I don't Hairo won't let me live."

"If you get first place, I'll go with you to get those nasty salads!" Chiyo rolled her eyes. "They're not nasty; they're full of protein."

"If you get first place, I'll go with you to get those nasty salads!" Chiyo rolled her eyes, "they're not nasty they're full of proteins"

"Every time we go get them you damn near make yourself eat them tho—"

"Our first event is the boys 100-meter dash. Racers, please get set!"

I heard Mrs. Saiki tell Saiki to "kill everyone and win," which was cute. "I should stretch. After all, I'm next." I smiled and patted Kaidou's shoulder. "Kaidou, if you don't do that well, remember it's A-okay!" I winked and gave a thumbs up..

"Trust me ill win!"

"You can do Saiki" Everyone yelled, I smiled "if he gets second place ill buy him a mountain of coffee jelly" Hairo looked at me, "you sure" I nodded, just when it seemed like Saiki was gonna win third, he won second place.

"Woah dude!" when the race was over everyone was around Saiki and he was confused after all second place isn't all that.

"So proud you literally beat track stars!"

If I'm honest Kaidou was next, and no one wasn't expecting anything great...

I hugged Kaidou "It's okay! Fourth place isn't that bad" I smiled, and he looked even sadder.

"{name} it's time for the girl's race. You better get first!" Hairo yelled I smiled and gave him a high-five.

"You know I'll get first place and it'll be as easy as ever"

When I walked on the track field I sighed, it's true that I don't care that my dad couldn't watch me run after all it's just sports day, but it still hurt.

"Go {name}!" Mr. and Mrs. Saiki yelled along with my brother and my dad in a weird get up

"Those two idiots actually came" I smiled, and I won easily after all I am psychic.

"You didn't even break a sweat! Good job {name}" I hugged hairo and he spun me around.

It was time for the three-legged race and Nendou thought he was but it was some side character named Sawakita and he told his life story of how everything about him was average down to his grades and looks but one fateful day he won rock paper scissors and was able to run with Teruhashi.