It's official we're partners

.₂₅

In English class, you and Saiki were paired up for a project on a classic novel. The moment the teacher explained the assignment, you sighed.

 As Saiki took notes on the project you decided to draw. You began drawing hearts around your names on the paper, stretching the doodles across half the page.

As you continued to add more doodles around your names, he tried to stay focused on the project, but his eyes kept darting back to the growing collection of stars and doodles.

When the teacher finally finished explaining the project, you looked up with a sigh. "Which novel should we do?" you asked, your gaze shifting to Saiki.

He handed you the list of novels that the teacher had provided, You scanned the options thoughtfully, humming as you considered the choices, "How about we do romance?" 

Saiki raised an eyebrow at your suggestion but made no effort to argue. He gave a small, approving nod, 

You brightened at his response, an idea forming in your mind. "How about we go with the English novel Pride and Prejudice?" 

Saiki's eyes lit up slightly as he responded, "I actually have a copy at my house." He could feel a subtle flutter in his chest at your enthusiastic reaction.

Just then, Kaidou strolled over with a grin, joining in the conversation. "Looks like we all got lucky with our partners. I'm paired with Kuboyasu, and Nendous working with Hairo," Kaidou announced proudly.

You hummed thoughtfully, glancing back at Saiki with a satisfied smile. "I'm working with the best though" you said shrugging.

Saiki's heart raced slightly, an unexpected response to your compliment. He tried to maintain his usual composure, but the warmth in his chest was unmistakable. 

"You and Kuboyasu are doing your report on a book about war, and Nendou and Hairo are tackling a sports book," you said with a smirk. "You guys are so predictable."

Kaidou grinned at your comment, his smile broadening. "You're as sharp as ever, my comrade," he said, clearly pleased with your observation.

Nendou, who had been listening in, couldn't help but join the conversation. "So, what are you two working on?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Romance," you replied with a wink, enjoying the look of surprise that crossed their faces.

Just then, Chiyo and Teruhashi walked over, their expressions a mix of surprise and amusement. "You and Saiki doing romance? Never thought I'd see that!" Chiyo exclaimed, a giggle escaping her lips.

 "Well, sometimes it's nice to mix things up. Besides, it could be fun to explore something different for a change." Saiki, sitting beside you, remained calm and composed as usual,

Chiyo tilted her head, still giggling. "I'm really curious to see how you two handle it. It sounds like it could be quite an interesting read."

Teruhashi nodded in agreement, her eyes sparkling with interest. "I'll be sure to check it out once you're done. It's not every day you see Saiki taking on a romance novel."

"Hey Saiki, could you take the paper? I don't want to lose it, especially since it has the simplified version of the instructions," you said, holding out the paper.

Saiki accepted the paper with a nod, carefully tucking it away to keep it safe. His usual calm demeanor didn't waver, and he made sure to handle the paper with care, knowing how important it was to you.

After school, Saiki headed to his room. Once he was there, he pulled out the paper you'd given him and started looking over the notes and instructions. His attention quickly shifted to a doodle you had drawn of him surrounded by little stars.