Chapter 13: Reece's Genius Brain

I hated every minute of training, But I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.' | Muhammad Ali

NOLAN

They tasted salty.

Nothing about her tears tasted sweet. I could still picture her terrified expression as the tears streamed down her cheek and landed on my knuckle.

Why was she so scared? She looked as if she was about to die then and there. Trust me, if I could have ended her I would of. Why? Simple. I dislike like her and all the new transformed students that come in.

Saige, I think that was her name, for some reason has pissed me off more than the other normal transformed. Maybe it's the way she looks, wearing such an innocent face all the time.

But something about the way she looked at me as I pinned her against the bookshelf has got me confused. All I was doing was merely threatening her, I wasn't going to attack her.

I would have gotten in serious trouble if I had. I'm supposed to be a role model for my father and the school. They both care too much about personal reputation.

I stared at my hand that had held her mouth. Just imagining her fragile face has me tightly clenching my fists. It couldn't be possible, but I'm wondering if the school had a slip-up and accidentally let another human in.

It sounded ridiculous, but it could be a possibility of explaining why she has been acting differently. Nervous, confused and scared. Transformed do not usually have such strong emotions.

"Damn it!" I cursed loudly and slammed my fist down on top of what I think was a classroom desk.

I watched in frustration as the small, square desk cracked in half. The wood splitting down the middle instantly in a jagged way. Though surprisingly, the desk didn't collapse completely.

In a second, I stood up from where I was sitting and turned my back to the broken desk. Reece raised his eyebrow at me and took a large gulp from his drink.

"What the hell is your problem?" He asked once he finished setting down his empty glass.

Lunch period was almost over and I wasted more time messing with Saige than meeting Reece at our usual place. The only reason we went to the cafeteria the other day was that he wanted to check out the new student.

"Nothing you need to worry about," I growled out through gritted teeth.

Reece grinned at me and raised his hands up in defense. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Just asking what's got you so pissed off." Reece jumped up from his chair.

I sighed and ran a hand through my short hair. By the look on his face, I could tell he'd already figured out the answer to his question. There was no need for me to explain.

Turning my attention away from Reece, I fell back into the chair I was originally sitting in. This classroom was one we used often to eat lunch in. I thought it was much better than the noisy cafeteria.

"What plan are you stirring up in that screwed up brain of yours?" I slightly smirked, noticing the way his eyes lit up.

Reece uncrossed his arms and put one hand on the left side of his chest. "I'm wounded by the way you insult my genius brain."

I watched as he grinned wider, sarcasm-laced within his words. I rolled my eyes and dropped my smirk. The only entertainment I get around this boring school is by going along with Reece's plans.