13. the plan

TW: implied attempted SA

✦✧✦

Niragi's lone applause filled the room, echoing off the wooden walls. "Now, Boss. All that's left is the succession ceremony. Let's open the black envelope."

The room tensed at the first action under their new leader. The envelope which held the combination to the safe code containing all the cards the Beach had gathered now lay in his hands, securing the Militants position as the most powerful people in the Beach.

If everything went according to plan, it wouldn't stay that way long.

However the heavy amount of security placed around the black envelope was going to make said plan difficult to pull off. The heavy black paper made it impossible to figure out the code without opening the envelope, and the wax seal with Hatter's signature BOSS ring stamped into it meant carelessly ripping it open was a surefire way to be caught and killed.

But Kazumi wouldn't have staked so much in this plan if she thought it would fail.

✦✧✦

The five members of the plan met up in a hotel room, gathered around the impractically low coffee table. Kazumi was the only one who stood, leaning against the wall, idly clenching her right fist.

"First, Arisu will infiltrate the royal suite, where the cards are kept" Chishiya was explaining. "Then he will search for the safe and steal all the playing cards inside."

"What about the passcode?" the man asked skeptically.

"I have an idea about that." Chishiya placed a walkie talkie in front of Arisu. "I'll tell you when you're in front of the safe."

Kazumi stopped her involuntarily self-soothing, forcing herself to pay attention to the moment at hand, letting her palms lay open by her side.

"You're really cautious." Arisu noticed, but not a moment later he determinedly grabbed the walkie. "I got it."

"Usagi and Kuina will be on the lookout."

"Wait, what about you and Kazumi, where will you two be?" Arisu asked.

"I'll be instructing you through this," He waved his walkie. "Kazumi will be covering me."

"This is too dangerous. If we're discovered we'll be killed." Usagi protested

Attempting to console her, Kazumi spoke up "That thought has crossed my mind a lot too. But I'm sure if we don't do this we'll end up dead because of those gun maniacs."