Chapter 1 - Second Year

Chapter 1: Second Year

******************************

Flashback from anime Hyouka Episode 19

"What's wrong, Chitanda?"

"No, nothing....Oreki-san If it's okay to you, Would you like to light some incense for my uncle?"

"Huh? Me?"

"Yes, I was thinking of visiting my uncle's grave soon and um.... if you like, could you come with me...?"

"Okay...I'll go"

"I'll call you when I plan to go then."

"Hmmm.."

Back to the present

Houtarou was sleeping peacefully at the Classics Club room, when Houtarou wakes up from napping, He saw a girl in front of him with black long hair and her face seems familiar, It was actually Eru, who was watching him while he is asleep.

"Oh..Chitanda, that was you?"

"Yes...Sorry did I interrupted you to sleep?"

"No, It's okay...I thought you go home already since no one's here and others are busy in their club."

"No... Actually I was on the meeting with the Student Council and the Presidents of every club, since I'm the president of Classics Club, it's my responsible to be a representative. We discuss how every club should work for this year. I was forgot to clean our club room so I go back here then I saw you were asleep so I didn't disturbed you."

"I see.."

"How about you Oreki-san? why are you here?"

"Hmmm....I want to sleep, that's all.."

Chitanda smiles gently "I'm sure you worked hard from past few days, Oreki-san."

She thinks that I worked hard during vacation but the reality, I was sleeping every day during our vacation.

"Oh, that's right..Chitanda what time is it now?"

"It's already 5:34 PM.."

So I was 40 minutes asleep? It's not bad at all, It feels good. It's been a while since I sleep in our Club Room, it is a nice place to sleep and take a rest after all.

"Hey! Chitanda, we should go home now."

"Yeah..let's go home, Oreki-san."

It's hard for her to go home at this late time, she was probably go home late at night because of time right now and her place that quite far from this school, I see it in her face that she's probably tired because of recruiting members from earlier and that meeting. So we leave at the Club room and starts to walk to leave at school.

"So, how's the recruiting that happen earlier? Did we get new members?"

"Unfortunately, nothing, I haven't get new members, but that's okay."