Chapter 1: Memories Prologue

I remember. How could I have forgotten? It's been what? 11,000 something years. I've been sleeping. I forgot everything. But it's all coming back.

Memory 1: Ei

Lilith descended upon the nation of Inazuma, currently under Makoto's hold. Lilith didn't have the intention to fight them, not particularly. She marched down the hall with an heir of strength and power, the strongest entity in current existence. As she turned a corner, she ran into a girl who looked about her age, her long braided purple hair swaying in the wind. She looked like Makoto. No.. Makoto was stronger. This girl was crying.

"Do you happen to know where I can find Makoto, stranger?" Asked Lilith curiously.

"She's dead," the girl states with a wavering voice, "gone."

"Oh," Lilith mumbles sympathetically, "I give you my dearest condolences. You wouldn't happen to be Ei, would you?"

"That is me, yes," answers the girl quietly. Lilith gives her a gentle smile and clasps her hands.

"Your sister was a good person, not the strongest of the gods, but the bravest and the most selfless," Lilith says, "she was kind to a fault. Tell me Ei, who do you aspire to be? Someone like your sister, or someone to surpass her?"

"I want," whimpers Ei, "I want to be someone who avenges her. But I'm weak. I'll never be as strong as you."

"Who told you that?" Lilith asks angrily, "your sister was my dearest friend, so I vowed to help you would she pass. So that I shall do."

•••

Lilith tasked herself with teaching Ei how to fight, teaching every technique and skill she'd ever used. Ei fumbled at first, but she was a quick learner. Her strength was immense and her potential overwhelming.

"You're doing well, Ei," jests Lilith, throwing a strike with her sword, knocking Eli's pole arm out of her hands, "you're getting closer to my level."

"Please," Ei laughs, "you're far too optimistic."

"And that I may be."

Memory 2: Trial

"Ei, I must leave for Liyue to reason with their gods apostle, Bosacious," Lilith says, "so here is your final test. Summon a spirit, as I once summoned Tsaritsa who is currently heading the war in my nation."

"How do you expect me to do that?" Asks Ei, her jaw dropping, "that's far too challenging."

•••

A pink kitsune appears, hopping upon the ground. Lilith simply gawks at the sight.

"A fox? I've never heard of such a defective summon.." Lilith mutters with a sigh.

"N-no! I love her! O-one day she'll defeat even Tsaritsa!" Ei shouts indignantly.

"Keep dreaming kiddo," Lilith says with a nonchalant shrug.

"I-I'm older than you!" Ei yells in frustration.

"Keep dreaming."

Memory 3: Bosacious and Wine

"Bosacious, you must explain to Morax to stop warring with our nation," Lilith yells, slamming her hand on the table as she turns it to ice, we have done nothing to deserve his rage!"

"Lilith, calm yourself," Guizhong assures sweetly, the object of Morax's petty affection, "you wonder why he treats you so, yet you act like this."

"Get me a beer, I need to think," Lilith gripes.

"I'll put in a word for you, Lilith," Bosacious says quietly.

"You'd better," she huffs.

Memory 4: Guizhong

The leaves fluttered down upon her blood soaked body, the torn linen drapes of the shake she lived in flying wildly in the wind. Her brown eyes were downcast and pained, but she looked to Lilith and handed her a single Glaze Lily, the one she cherished dearly.

"I'm sorry, Guizhong," Lilith says, giving her prayers, "if only I were Barbatos I could save you, but I know only war to restoration." Guizhong's eyes flutter shut one last time, and she seems to sink into the wooden planks, and Lilith is too frightened to scream. Not by the cowards- the assassins from Southern Liyue, but by her own ignorance. She stands above Guizhong's body, cursing the fools who killed her, hands bloodstained and eyes welling up with hatred and pride as she clutches the bloodied lily to her chest dearly. She feels Morax behind before she turns. She looks to him, an emotionless expression showing less sympathy than agony and gives him a faint smile as he glares at her, polearm pointed towards her neck, digging into her nape. She simply holds it at bay, looking to him pitifully.

"You killed her," Morax mutters, infuriated.

"One day you'll understand," chides Lilith condescendingly.

"And one day you'll lie in your grave," Morax curses.

"We all die eventually, even gods," Lilith says quietly, "even I will, eventually. Your words don't scare me."

"They should," Morax says, his words twisted in pain.

"Farewell, Morax," Lilith says, disappearing into a memory.

Memory 5: Green Nation

Sumeru lit up with greenery and a lush forest, an immensely sprawling and alive landslide teaming with life before her eyes. Stars practically danced in her eyes, swirling prisms of light glowing in her pupils. It was beautiful. Lilith's own nation was a barren wasteland, Ei's a crackling storm, and Morax's an autumn colored valley. But Rukhadavata had created something marvelous. Too vast for Lilith to take in with one view. It was purely gorgeous.

"Who are you, trespasser?" Asks a woman, her long green hair swaying in the wind, her pale brown skin shimmering in the sunlight. Her eyes were as bright as pearls. She was as marvelous as the land she created.

"You already know who I am, Rukhadavata," Lilith says solemnly.

"I still care for introductions," responds Rukhadavata, "do you not?"

Memory 6: Rukhadavata

Why does everyone beautiful die? All the kindest warmest of souls die. First Guizhong, then the Goddess of Salt, now Rukhadavata. It's only cold people like Lilith and Bosacious- even Ei and Zhongli. Are all kind people weak? Why are only heartless and cruel children born with the strength to survive? The world is unfair.

"Rukhadavata," whispers Lilith, her croons fading to the wind, "I hope you find solace in solitude, fear not the loneliness of death's embrace. Hopefully those of kind heart like Guizhong can welcome you graciously."

Lilith sees a child who resembles Rukhadavata standing in the grass in front of the gravestone Lilith made to honor her. That's odd. The child never turns around to face Lilith, she seems confused, as if newly born from the Teyvat itself. Lilith senses the same aura from this girl.

"Rukhadavata," she mumbles quietly, "maybe you're stronger than I gave you credit for." 

...and it is then, that my eyes flutter open. It's time.

A/N: This isn't fully part of the story, just thought it'd be nice to have an intro section!