Chapter 9: A New Land

"And here we are!" Lilith exclaims, jumping off of the train and into the rickety old train stop, it's cream colored paint chipping noticeably, "home sweet home! I welcome you to Snezhna-"

Lilith is cut off by a hand grabbing the back off her uniform collar as she turns to glare at her mother who is quick to return the gesture.

"Why, so nice of you to finally show up, Lilith!" Singsongs Tsaritsa with a very fake smile painted on her face like that of a porcelain doll, "my, it's only three days later than you said you'd be back."

Lilith only scoffs, going quickly from omniscient and omnipotent archon to average teenager in their 'rebellious phase.'

Ei coughs from the side, sensing the tension between the two as she tries to break up what she knows could very well become yet another fight (which Lilith is apparently VERY fond of bringing about whatever chance she gets).

"Er, maybe you should take this out of the train station?" Ei hisses to Lilith, "if you expect me to pick up after your mess, you are sorely mistaken."

Lilith blinks once, than twice, before finally jumping away from her mother's grip, huffing as she turns away in annoyance.

"Is there any good food we could try nearby?" Inquires Yae out of the blue, clearly starving from three days in transit, "I'm rather famished."

"What do you take Snezhnaya for, Miko?" Scoffs Lilith, "this is not some artsy tourist destination like Inazuma, your lucky if you get a meal every three days- the shops around here are mostly limited to firewood, blacksmiths, the rare artisan- you won't be finding any street food or tea shops in these parts."

"Well, actually, on the subject of tea," interjects Tsaritsa, "I just happened to join this lovely ladies tea group up by zagorodnyy klub doliny prizm, it's a wonderful group of women, and the tea is just magnificent."

"So in other words, you took the initiative and joined a senior care facility?" Concludes Lilith with a dead stare.

"Why you-" guffaws Tsaritsa, "you, you-"

"I'm getting a headache," sighs Ei in resignation, "let's get going already, the sun is already beginning to set."

"She is right," Yae reinforces, gesturing to the darkening sky, "regardless of what you may say about the whole of your nation, I'm certain that at least for the gods there is sufficient food to provide for four, no?"

"I suppose," Lilith answers with a nonchalant shrug, "having the one on the throne be so self se-"

"And that is enough speaking for one day!" Interrupts Ei jovially, "you know, you must be parched, really in need of some downtime from actually, you know, opening your mouth and talking."

"I feel so appreciated," Lilith drawls with little emotion, "but nonetheless, we really should be returning to the estate."

"And she caved, at last," Yae says with a satisfied yet placid smile, yelping as Lilith and Tsaritsa simultaneously turn around to glare at her, "okay, okay, I'll be quiet, jeez."

A/N: Sorry this is so short! I wrote this in about 10 min at 1:23 am, so it's not my best work. Also, this is starting the very short interlude arc, but I have MANY in depths story arcs all already plotted out, don't worry :) btw, anyone playing HONKAI star rail?