Leave the Last Battle to Us.

Atreus and LLENN were still aiming their weapons at M as he kept begging them.

M: Please! Please don't shoot me! No! Please don't shoot me! Please don't shoot me! No, don't do it!

LLENN: We promise not to shoot you 'till you tell us why.

Atreus: Which means we'll shoot you if you don't.

M: I'll die.

LLENN: Well, yes.

M: I will die...

LLENN: Stop being so formal! Did the player just change?

Atreus: I don't think that's possible.

M: This is the real me. And if you shoot me, I'll die. I'll die!

LLENN: You mean in the game?

M: No, not in the game!

LLENN: What do you mean?

M: If I die in SJ, the real me will die, too!

Atreus: This isn't Sword Art Online.

LLENN: M, what was written in that letter?

M extended his hand his hand at them with the note.

Atreus: Try anything and I'll fire.

M: Okay.

LLENN took the note as she started reading it.

LLENN: "Yoo-hoo, M. Are you in a tough battle? I told you to read this after an hour, so if you ripped it up, I'll kill you. You're participating in my place, so have a blast! It's a game, so it's just for fun! If you die a cowardly death, I'll slaughter you, okay? But if you two actually survive for an hour, I'll be so impressed! I'll pat you on the head and praise you. If you die after that, though, I'll kill you, okay? And no suicide. Whatever happens, you have to survive. Without tension in the battle, it wouldn't be fun, you know? Now, then. Enjoy yourself! Feel life! That's all." I don't really need to ask, but Pito wrote this, right?

M: That's right.

Atreus: But she mean "kill you" in the game, right?

M then started laughing scared.

M: You don't understand anything! You have no idea how crazy Pitohui is!

M: Pitohui will kill me. If she says she will, she really will! "In the game?" It's not that trivial! I know she'll murder me in reality! That woman knew that, which is why she wrote me the letter! She says to have a blast, and now this? She yearns for a "death game!" That woman is still obsessed with it! She's insane! This is just like her!

Atreus: So if you die in SJ, the real Pitohui will murder the real you.

M: That's what I've been saying!

Atreus and LLENN looked at each other before sighing and lowered their weapons.

M: Thank you very much.

LLENN: So why did I need to die?

M: If you died, Atreus would become leader, if I acted quickly, I could've killed him too and I'd become leader.

Atreus: And then?

M: I could surrender.

LLENN: You took us, lightly, huh?