Chapter 9: You Are Too Good

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm really sorry for not posting for a whole year, but the real culprits for this delay are the scriptwriters at Yrkkh, who ruined my favorite couple with their shitty and lazy writing. It took me a long time to digest their garbage script, which ruined my motivation to write.

It took me a whole year to erase whatever happened after the leap. Just so you guys know, I don't know any Abhinav.

But as you can see, I'm back to writing, and this time I will complete my story.

--++--++--

The decorations at the venue were top-notch. There was such a large crowd here that Akshu looked around, trying to find the face that hadn't left her mind even for a second since yesterday. Her search was interrupted when the announcer spoke up.

Abhi and his gang entered the venue just as the announcer started speaking.

"A very good evening to you, fine ladies and gentlemen!"

The room resounded with cheers. Everyone was excited to be there, and the atmosphere was electric. The anticipation of what was to come could be felt throughout the room.

The announcer continued, "Today, we will dance to our hearts' content while wearing masks, since an ancient belief holds that whoever ends up together after Radha Krishna blesses the dance with an unbreakable tie of real love, and those who already are with their love, can dance on the second dance floor without masks."

And once again, everyone cheered loudly.

When Neil saw Parth let out a sigh of relief, he started teasing.

"Parth bhai aap to bach gaye agar galti se bhi dance karte time kisi aur ka hath pakad liya hota to bhabhi aapko Udaipur nachate-nachate hi le Jaati."

Parth gave him a death glare and looked at Shefali in dread, just to see that she was adjusting her dupatta, getting ready to dance, and was unaware of the conversation between the brothers. He again turned to Neil and spoke quietly. "Swear it, Neil, that you won't say anything like this in front of her." He looked around and continued, "Agar usne sun liya to mai kal ka suraj nahi dekh paaunga." Neil just laughed at him, and then Shefali came up to them and inquired, with a little impatience evident in her tone, "Parth, are you just going to stand here the whole night or are you going to take me for a dance?" She pouted, looking at the dance floor with longing. In return, Parth looked at her adorable expression without saying a single word, lifted her into his arms, and took her to the dance floor.

As Parth and Shefali went to the floor, Neil turned to Abhi in anticipation, ignoring his brother's intense-looking expression, and voiced his question, "Chale, Bhai?" But he got his answer when he looked into Abhi's eyes; they were saying the same thing: 'Not in this lifetime.'

"But Bhai, don't you want to find your eternal love?" He pleaded jokingly, but when Abhi remained silent, Neil groaned with a pout. He went from there, stomping his foot as if he were a five-year-old.

"An adorable brat," he thought as he watched Neil fade away in the crowd of dancing bodies.

Abhi, as always, was silently observing everything around him, especially his siblings bickering, which he was enjoying a lot internally but with the same old 'I'm bored out of my mind' expression. This expression was one of his protection shields in a world where he was too vulnerable to share his true self with anyone. And so he just stood there in the dark corner, relaxing, while his siblings went to have a blast.

Soon everyone started dancing, but Akshu noticed that her brothers were not participating in this dance and were sharing secretive and teasing looks with each other, which seemed a little weird as her brothers held the same enthusiasm for dancing and celebrating as their whole family did. Still, she let it go and continued towards the stage, where a group of mask-clad youngsters were dancing.