Chapter 12: Pomegranate

Hades entered the Void through the portal. With each step he took his legs felt heavier and heavier.

He found the Soul and showed them the way out, but when he was about to leave the water himself, fingers grabbed his legs and pulled him back under.

"Not so fast!" the Void said. "We have a deal. Remember?"

"I still have time!" Hades kicked the fingers that pulled him down. Their nails pierced his skin and their grip became stronger. Hades screamed in agony.

"Your time's up." The Void laughed. "It's the solstice and there's no Persephone here. You lose!"

Persephone entered the Void through the portal. Her voice shivered as she spoke. "I'm here."

She walked towards the water and grabbed Hades' arm. "And I'm taking him with me."

The Void sneered: "Are you sure about that, nymph? Hasn't he told you about the pomegranate? As long as you don't eat it, you're both mine. And time is running out. Tick tock. Tick tock!"

Persephone's hand slid in Hades' midnight tunica. She took out a pomegranate. "You mean this one?"

Hades whispered No as the Void screeched Yes.

Persephone brought the pomegranate to her lips.

Hades reached out his hand to stop her, but Persephone took a bite.

The Void bursted out in evil laughter. "You stupid nymph! You're both now mine. Forever!"

Persephone let the pomegranate fall into the water.

The glass shards flew to Persephone. They surrounded her, ready to lock her back up. The Void cheered.

With a movement of her hand Persephone commanded the shards. They dived into the sea and attacked the fingers pulling Hades down.

The Void screamed. "No! That can't be."

Hades took another pomegranate out of his tunica. "I think this was the cursed one you gave me."

Persephone smiled. "But you agreed that it was the pomegranate I ate that was the one needed to fulfill the deal."

Persephone gave the command and the glass shards pinned the fingers of the Void to the ocean floor.

Persephone pulled Hades out of the water and picked him up bridal style. "I'm taking you home."

As she walked with him in her arms through the portal, Hades stared at her in adoration. "I think I'll need new clothes."

THE END

Thank you for reading
(^w^)💬