The Mystery Unraveled Part 5

2 weeks earlier

As I watched Steve and Carnage fight, I wanted to speak up. Stop them from fighting. Do something.

But instead I just stood there, like a coward. I did nothing as I watched Carnage throw Steve out of the observatory, and then I finally had enough.

I tried running to the window to leap out after him, but Carnage stopped me by putting one arm out.

"Trust me, he'll survive."

I smacked his arm away, went in front of him, and said "No! I can't take that risk. I don't care what you're trying to accomplish. I'm not letting him die!"

I then turned to the window, but before I could jump out I heard Carnage mumble "So you're betraying me, like all the others."

I stopped, confused by what Carnage said. Others, I thought.

I turned around to ask Carnage what he meant, but it was too late. He lunged forward, sliced both of my feet off with his knife, grabbed my throat, and threw me out the window.

The pain hadn't even caught up to me yet, but I was well aware of what was about to happen. So, I closed my eyes, and thought about the one man I always felt comfortable around.

The man who made me giggle only when I needed it, not even on purpose sometimes. The man that, when he comes to me to lay his head on my shoulder, he makes me feel valued.

Meanwhile

I dropped to my knees and hit the ground as hard as I could, not feeling the pain around my now completely bloody hand, as all I could feel was pure rage.

Then, I stood up, and out of pure instinct I managed to make the sword of creation inside the observatory teleport me inside.

After teleporting inside, I quickly rolled forward, grabbing the sword before standing up again, then pointing my sword in what I assumed to be where Carnage still was.

But he was gone. He had somehow left the observatory. I looked around to make sure he was gone, then I went to the broken window to see if he had dropped down.

I regretted what I saw.

I saw me, quickly slicing off the heads of the escort soldiers with one swift motion.

Then, the fake Steve looked up at me, transforming back into Carnage before sinking into the ground.

Not realizing it was already too late, I gripped my sword harder and teleported down to where the soldiers were killed, trying to somehow catch Carnage off by surprise.

Then, an electric dart hit my back, electrocuting and stunning me.

Soon after Cooper Green came from behind me, allowing me to see him. Then, before I could do anything, he smirked and punched me to the ground, knocking me unconscious.