Chapter 2

Maurice was following the map which led him into the forest almost far from the city. When he entered the forest on his horse, he reached the post sign. There were many different routes. The smart horse was about to walk to the right, Maurice stopped him.

Maurice: Let's go this way. 

When they turned to the other way, Philip was terrified because that way was a way into the dark snowy and spooky forest. There were rumors about that forest that even horses could hear like Philip. Philip looked again at the normal forest. The horse wanted to enter the forest that looks like a safer path, but Maurice was overconfident that the dark forest was a shortcut to their destination. Or perhaps because he was desperate to reclaim the riches he had lost.

Maurice: Come on, Philip! It's a shortcut!

Philip had no choice but to obey. He was very scared as they entered the foggy, dark forest. As they walked in, they eventually lost their way. Philip heard the wolves' howl. But Maurice did not seem to hear it. For he was very focused on his map. Later, Maurice realized that they lost their way.

Maurice: This can't be right.

That time, it was already snowstorm and it was impossible to turn around. But it only took few minutes for the storm to stop. The way was clear again but still very hard to walk because the horse was walking in the snow and bitter cold. As they were looking for the way back, unknown to Maurice the wolves were stalking them Philip sensed their presence and was panicking. But Maurice calmed him down.

Maurice: Shh, shh, shh. Philip, Philip. It's ok. We'll find our way out.

Then suddenly they heard the wolves' howl sign that the wolves are already near, and they were not mistaken. The wolves already arrived, and they had no choice but to gallop. Good thing, Philip used to be the champion of the horse races which Brian and Noah often do when they were on their youth age. Maurice kept galloping Philip. The horse kept running and running until they reached some kind of rusty gate. And when they reached that rusty gate, Maurice and Philip looked at the wolves, but they just stopped on the entrance. And growled and just ran away as if they were afraid of whatever is inside the gate. Philip was already weakening, because he gave all his energy to escape from the rabid large wolves. Bad luck, the snowstorm started to brew up again and they had to look for shelter and now that they were inside the gate this looks promising. Maurice pulling his horse were walking. As they were walking, Maurice felt relieved because he found the stable and there was a cart full of hay. Very hungry, Philip immediately went in the stable and ate the mentioned hay. Maurice was also about to go inside the shelter when he suddenly saw the flickering light and that flickering light showed the silhouette of the castle. Maurice was out of energy, but the relief of the castle gave him a little more energy. Maurice walked towards that castle and immediately went in because it was bitterly cold and the wolves ripped his winter cloth leaving his only polo and vest. 

When he went in, he was amazed to see the beauty of the inside castle. It was more beautiful than his lost mansion. 

Maurice: Hello? Hello?!

Maurice slowly walked as he was trying to call out someone. But no one came out. As he was walking and sorf of exploring the castle he saw the flickering light in the huge dining room. When Maurice saw the fireplace, he immediately approached it to warm himself. After warming himself he saw the dinner prepared on the table. This dinner was served to only one person that made Maurice think that there seemed to be only one person living inside the castle. Maurice and his wife's memories of the castle were also erased. The food that is served were meat, fruits, cake and wine. 

Maurice was very hungry and tempted to eat but did not give in. Because he knows that it was served for the owner of the castle. He decided to wait for the owner, so that he could ask if he could have some food. It took almost several hours but still no one showed up. Not even a servant, maid, even pet dog. The castle was silent as a tomb but still was organized and arranged. And he decided to take a nap near the fireplace.

But hungered awakened Maurice and he still finds nobody. When Maurice could not hold it back anymore, he finally gave in and ate all the food that was served. He ate like a hungry wolf that he almost spilled the food. Those really were very delicious, and it gave the old man the relief from tiredness. He even finished all of the cake and fruits. When he finished eating, he grabbed the empty plates and he tried to find the kitchen. Maurice did not fail when he found it. He cleaned up the plates and everything. Then he explored more inside the castle. Until he found one of the doors opened. When he went in, Maurice saw the lovely and comfy bed. Maurice did not hesitate to lie down. When he lied down, he instantly fell asleep.

----TO BE CONTINUED----