Chapitre 25

"Is everyone there ? Is everyone ready ? Good."

 "Come here, dearest. I'll rearrange you tutu."

 "Wait ! How was it again ?"

 "Does anyone need help ?"

 "The show is about to start."

 "Coming through !"

 "Let us be flamboyant."

 "Yes !"

   Voices came out independently to her ears. So this was the big day.

   She hugged her arms.

  Steady your breath, Nezuko. You can do it.

   Everyone sat at their place, grabbing their instrument. In front of the group, Mister Urokodaki was sure to guide them through it.

  Good luck, my friends.

 "Sit down or stretch your joints."

   The voice from behind, made her jump. She turned around to see Miss Kocho in her wheelchair. She tried to stand up.

 "Miss Kocho, you should not."

 - Heh. I am stronger than what you think." Her voice softened, the lights and the chatter too. "Do not worry. If something happens, I am sure we will get through it."

   The purple ponds looked at the ones already on stage preparing themselves, then at the group of people that came for her disastrous première, mocking them.

 "We will show them." She growled, going back, as the first notes flew.

   At opposite sides of the scene, the adults shared a nod.

   The tourmaline-haired one took the first few steps, throwing her leg in the air. In third position, she went forward, a silent signal for him to start. He advanced with swift steps; she bypassed him with small jumps, pas de chat, and ballonés. The light gold pink tutu, decorated in gold embroideries, pearls, and a sparkly tulle, was complimented by the hair pin Nezuko lend her, the one he gave her when an orchestra wanted to work with them. She turned on herself, one feet en pointe, the other close enough not to hit him, as he stabilized her, in forward lunge.

   They faced.

   The harp, chief of the lead, told the stories of heart strings being pulled, being twisted, knotted, the heart of the Butterflies' Queen falling for Human King of the Land. The string instruments followed, sometimes interrupted by the chirp of the wind ones. The tempo became slow-going, seasons passing in secret as the lovers fell into this pit, separating once more. And came with force again, as they ran towards the other, her, hurriedly with petits jetés, and a final grand jeté. Barely arrived in front of him, he carried her in the air. She arched her back, lifted legs as high as she could, at the highest notes and the tremolos, before it went calm again.

   His strong arms rested her on the ground.

   Emeralds met Lepidolite.

   They would never find again their respective lovers, would they ?

   Sharing an immeasurable pain, like a puppet, he lowered the human plank as the sluggish low notes paid tribute to the dying queen. The bassoon, played by Tanjirou, as well as the percussions shared by Inosuke and Mister Uzui and the trumpet loudly expressed the anger and grief of the human, betrayed by his feelings. Big movements, fouettés, small jetés, and a saut de basque. He went back in the past, as he bent on one knee, arms in front of his chest, heaving with the effort.