02

NO ONE'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yo, I'm back." The boy muttered as he walked through Syū's room doorframe. He looked around the room with a questioning brow. He looked at Syū with the same questioning look before returning to his bored expression.

"You made a deal with her?" M/n asked with a slight tone of annoyance.

"Uh, yeah. I did." Syū answered with a wavering nervous smile. After looking at what he did to Yume, he don't think lying to him would be a smart move.

"You make a deal with a Devil that only haunted your nightmares, and betrayed all the trust you had gained for them. That's a weird decision." M/n spoke with his hands on his hips. He looked so bored with the current situation, but it isn't rare for a human to form a contract with a Devil.

"What do you plan to do with the Nightmare Devil's power?" The boy tilted his head a bit, physically displaying his curiosity.

"Why does it matter?" Syū countered M/n's curiosity with his own. The glare that he was getting from M/n made it known that that wasn't a good decision.

But before M/n could let any of that growing annoyance burst, he took a deep breath.

"Because...if you plan to create a bit of havoc with her powers, I'll have to kill you. It's best to eliminate a threat now then to wait around and see how the threat effects you." He answered. His voice mixed with his glare made it known that he was serious.

"I want to join the Public Devil Hunters." Syū didn't have much of a choice but to answer truthfully. It may seem a bit selfish, but that's what he wanted to do.

"Ah, a heroic one, aren't you? Well, heroes are the easiest one's to break in the line of duty, so that mentality won't get you far." He said, same bored tone as before.

"Watch me." Syū answered back.

M/n seemed kinda intrigued by his answer, and he smirked.

"You have a bit of an attitude. Alright, I'll 'watch' you, so make it entertaining for me." He smiled again, teasingly.

Syū celebrated quietly, glad that he can live another day.

"What's you name?" M/n asked suddenly.

"Syū Tomioka! What about you?"

"(M/n) (L/n)."

There was a loud honk outside that drew Syū's attention.

"The limousine has arrived. We've got to go." M/n demanded, turning his back to Syū. He followed closely behind him, sort of confused about his later destination.

"Uh, where are we going?" He asked to quickly dismiss the confusion.

"To the headquarters for the Devil Hunters. If you aren't planning to cause havoc with her, you might as well become useful with it." He bluntly answered.

"Oh..."

'He's kinda rude, but with a job like this, your tolerance becomes limited.'

*
The limousine pulled up at a large building. It's practically shining, and thousands of people flooded the institute.

"We have to get your uniform, and also assign you a coworker."

"You mean we won't be together." Syū asked.

"Of course not! We're in different leagues! I work with another Devil Hunter."

'I didn't know there was levels to this. I guess someone's Devil ability is better than others.'

"However, there may be moments when we cross paths. You can take that as us working together." He smirked.

"I see." Syū said, slightly displeased with the way of comforting.