CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

WE'RE currently sitting on a lavishly-designed round dining table situated near the mini-stage, already eating. The event started earlier than anticipated because of, uh, two certain individuals.

Yes, the commotion I was expecting didn't happen. Granny Lohengrin here didn't confront Sxandariel after she called him by his full name and just signalled us to follow her and sit on this table with her sharp eyes still directed to us.

I'm glad she didn't caused any commotions though, not because I'm that worried for my image but because I would've been really disappointed if she did that. I mean, they're supposed to be the role model of businessmen and the most influential people of this country, they wouldn't try to embarass themselves in front of many people like this, even if they can just cover it up just because something unexpected suddenly happened. My expectations for them are that high, many people does, and they wouldn't want to ruin that.

I may not look like it but I'm still a daughter of a businessman and a businesswoman, so yeah, I know that much. The world I live in is as just fucked up as how it looks fascinating in the outside.

Still, I can't help but to enjoy this tea on my hands right now.

I grinned at the thought of that and sneaked a glance at the people in front of me.

Lola Lohengrin was looking more grim as seconds pass by to the point that I can almost see her radiating an ominous aura. And then there's also lolo Lohengrin on her right with that hardened expression of his. While their company who were Sxandariel's tita, tito, and three cousins were just exchanging confused and suspicious looks. Whereas the cause of those negative energy was just minding his own business, silently eating while also conversing with me from time to time just like how a boyfriend would do.

Can't believe how serious he is with this act.

And then there's me sitting prettily beside him while sipping my wine, enjoying the tension.

Kidding. I'm obviously not enjoying the tension. This whole place was air-conditioned yet my palms were sweating bullets. There's also these people glaring holes on my back, still whispering shits at each other.

Just so you know, mga pre, hindi ko 'to ginusto. Palit pa tayo kung want niyo, eh.

Halos lahat kaming nakaupo sa table ay napatingin kay lola Lohengrin nang marinig ang marahas na pagbuntong-hinga nito.

"What's wrong, 'ma?" nag-aalalang tanong ng tita ni Sxandariel.

Ngunit pinasadahan lang siya nito ng tingin pero sanay na yata ang tita ni Sxandariel sa mood swings ni granny at hindi niya ito pinansin.

"You won't even talk, Sxandariel? You caused yet another uproar again! Are you trying to destroy your reputation even further?! You are dragging us down with you, don't you even realize that?!"

Pero ang gagong kausap niya ay kalmadong sumisimsim lang sa wine niya, parang walang naririnig.

"God! Your younger brother is even better than you, he's the one who's cleaning up your mess everytime you do something irrational."

Pero siya po ang nag-set up sa'min ngayon.

Ngunit kahit na false accusation na ang sinabi ng bulkang Mayon─ este lola niya ay wala pa rin siyang reaksyon.