58. Karma 5

Jennie was definitely still scary. She scared Jisoo a lot. Now in another way than before. The mere sight of her appearance could manage to make Jisoo's heart beat in irregular patterns, that part didn't change but the feeling was much warmer now than before.

Jisoo excitedly met up with her cousin Winter to tell her all about the race and how she got the number of Soojoo. She recounted how Jennie and her sister had been so supportive, helping her train for the race and cheering her on during the run. Winter was surprised to hear that Jisoo became friends with Jennie.

"Wait, Jennie?" Winter echoed, furrowing her brow in confusion. "The same Jennie who used to make fun of you all the time? The same Jennie you wanted to confront about that and tell her to leave you alone for good?"

Jisoo nodded enthusiastically as if they were talking about two different people. "Yeah, I know, it's crazy. But she is actually really cool now. No, I think she has always been cool but now she is cool and nice."

Winter looked skeptical. "And you are okay with just letting all that bullying slide? I mean, she made your life pretty miserable for a while there."

Jisoo paused, considering Winter's words. "You are right about that. But she is truly sorry about it and wants to make it up to me. I think she would do anything to make it right. She was really great to me lately, she has grown up a lot since then."

"Well, I'm happy for you and I'm glad you found an unexpected ally in her but I don't know... I think it's suspicious that she suddenly came back to your life to act like your guardian angel... How sure are you she has no ulterior motives?" Winter asked worried for her cousin to be tricked.

Jisoo's body visibly stiffened, it's a worry she shared with her but she tried to push it aside. She was beginning to enjoy her time with Jennie and she didn't want to think that she was just fooling her. It would really break her heart. 

"I believe her. She wants to become a better person and I'm happy about that. I like the person she is now." Jisoo said firmly, not even wanting to consider otherwise anymore.

"Oh," Winter's demeanour suddenly took a 360 degree turn. "You mean you like her?"

Blood rushed to Jisoo's cheeks as Winter gave her a suggestive stare. She didn't have to search for a deeper meaning in her words. Jisoo meant what she said, that she liked how she is now.

"Isn't she a bit too wild for you? I mean, I haven't met her but she sounds like she would get you into a gang fight or break into an amusement park at night for a midnight date. Okay, that sounded romantic but it's still illegal, you know."

While Winter rambled on, telling her all about how Jennie was a much too wild girlfriend for her, Jisoo could only listen with a boiling head, she didn't think of her that way! Yet she was way too embarrassed to speak up and make Winter stop talking.

"On the other hand, that way you would live a bit more and leave your comfort zone, so I'm conflicted. I just hope you are careful enough around her."

Jisoo has been careful around her from the beginning, it's only recently where she let her guard down. She hoped it could stay that way and she wouldn't get any reason to be cautious again.

*****

The sisters were lounging on the sofa in Jennie's apartment, still discussing Jisoo and Soojoo. "I can't believe she actually talked to her and right at the time when we weren't there." Ningning said with a grin.

"She was so nervous before the race. I'm proud that she made it." Jennie agreed with a small smile on her lips.

"Well, I think all that training paid off. She was feeling pretty confident after finishing the race." Nigning grinned. "Plus she might have a girlfriend soon."