Arrival - Intro

Why me? Is it because I put her through hell...or is it something else? I looked through the door, where Charlie was speaking with a doctor. I waved when they looked over to me, the Doctor gave me a soft and gentle smile while Charlie gave me a forced one. They wouldn't tell me anything when I woke up, how I got here and what happened. Ever since I asked the nurse where I was and who I was, nobody's been in here to talk to me. It's annoying. The doctor talked to Charlie for a few more minutes before coming into my room and coming to my side.

"Who was that?" I asked him, as I looked up at him.

"That was your father. His name is Charlie Swan, and your name is Artemis Swan. You are thirteen years old. I'm Doctor Mable Fowler, I'm here to help make you all better." she said, giving me a sympathetic smile.

Oh, fucking shit. I was hoping I was wrong. I'm going to go through hell aren't I... Maybe I should stop putting the characters I write through hell. I gave her a small smile. This is going to be a lot of fun.

....

"Hi kiddo, do you recognize us?" Billy asked, giving me a soft smile.

Charlie took me to Billy's house, where Harry and his family were as well. The 'kids' all looked anxious, I figured the adults were as well, but they weren't showing it if they were. I tilted my head to the side as I looked at him before looking up at Charlie.

"Um...you look familiar..." I said, looking back over to Billy.

"My name's Billy. Harry and I are good friends with your dad. These are my kids, Rachel, Rebecca and my youngest, Jacob." Billy said, motioning for his kids to come forward.

I gave them a nod and soft smile. Ahhh, this is so weird. I don't know what to say! I grabbed onto Charlie's jacket and moved a little closer to him.

"I'm Harry, this is my wife Sue and our children, Leah and Seth." Harry said, crouching in front of me with a kind and gentle smile.

Whoa...I've only ever seen that smile in movies or TV shows. I gave him a soft smile in return, not letting go of Charlie's jacket. I don't think I can stay away from them. There goes Plan A. Time for Plan B!