00 (Part One)

Dean and Shannon were childhood sweethearts that never quite made it to the relationship part.

But as soon as Shannon turned 18, she set upon a quest to find him and was soon entangled in his crazy world.

It didn't take long for the two of them to rekindle their feelings, which they'd never truly forgotten, and start dating. A mere couple years after that, the two would say their vows.

Shortly after they got married, Shannon became pregnant.

January 24, 2005 10:32 PM

Dean held Shannon's hand, anxiously waiting for their child. He was secretly hoping the baby would come this particular day, but knew you couldn't rush a baby.

He soon heard the cries of a newborn baby and the doctor said, "Congrats, Mom and Dad. It's a boy."

As the baby was cleaned and checked, Dean said, "I know what we should name him."

Shannon raised a brow. "And what would that be?"

"Leonardo. Leo for short."

"Dean. We are not naming our son after a turtle."

"No, no, after the sculptor."

"Amongst other things. You want to name our son after Leonardo da Vinci?"

"Yes?"

"You are full of surprises. Well, you're lucky I have no other names in mind." She was handed the baby. "Hi, Leo, I'm your mama."

Dean stroked Leo's head, then tucked his wife's hair back. "I'm so proud of you."

Shannon smiled at him, then their son. "It's nice to finally meet you, Leo Daniel." She glanced up at Dean.

He nodded. "It's perfect, Shay."

Dean sat on her bed and the new family sat in silence, the parents admiring the life that had just come into the world.