Chapter 5: The Talk

It was early the next morning after Elena through in her older sister's face that she's slept with two of her mates. Valkyrie knew that her four mates most likely had many lovers over the centuries that they have been around but to have one's own sister gloat in her face hurt some. As Valkyrie leaned against the kitchen counter, she was so lost in thought that she didn't even know that her brother enter the kitchen until he spoke.

"Can't sleep sis," Jeremy asked as he leaned next to his older sister.

"Yeah, a lot happened yesterday," Valkyrie said, as she held her cup of black coffee.

It was silent for a few minutes between the siblings, both just lost in their thoughts. It wasn't long before Elena walked into the kitchen, both eyes black and blue and a bandaged nose. When she saw her older sister, Elena glared at her.

"What are you still doing here," Elena asked as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Valkyrie glared right back at her sister, as she read her thoughts.

"If Valkyrie never came home the Salvatores would be all mine. They were mine first, now I have to find a way to break the mating bond." Elena thought.

"For your information, Elena, the only way for a soulmate bond to be broken is both parties have to reject the other. And we know that'll never happen. Not even a witch can break the bond so you might as well just give up on my mates. And from what I found out is that Matt is your soulmate," Valkyrie said as she glared harder at her younger sister.

Elena huffed and walked out of the kitchen and went to get ready for school. Jeremy and Valkyrie shared a look knowing that Elena will try and get in between Valkyrie and her mates.

"You should talk to your mates about this Val. We both know that Elena won't stop until she gets what she wants," Jeremy said.

"I know and that scares me. There's a second way to break the bond and that is if Elena were to kill me," Valkyrie says as she took a deep breath.

"You know your mates won't allow anything to happen to you, right Val?  They might even insist that you drink from them so if somehow you managed to die you will come back as a vampire," Jeremy said.

"I know little brother, but it's not going to be an easy conversation," Val said as she finished her coffee.

"I know sis, but just talk to them.  I gotta get going. See you after school," Jeremy said as he hugged his sister before he left.

Valkyrie took a deep sigh before she placed her now cold coffee in the sink before she took out her phone to text her mates.

After the last message from her mates, Valkyrie went up to her bathroom to shower before she got dressed in a blue turtleneck-fitting shirt, tight black jeans, and black high heels

After the last message from her mates, Valkyrie went up to her bathroom to shower before she got dressed in a blue turtleneck-fitting shirt, tight black jeans, and black high heels.  Once she fixed her hair and put on light makeup, Valkyrie grabbed her keys and got into her car before making her way to the Salvatore Boarding House.