˗ˏˋ༻ʚNew Year, New Meɞ༺ˎˊ˗

To say waking up to the sun beaming, painful, blinding light in my eyes was a pleasant experience.. would be a lie, a pretty big lie. Today was the beginning of hell - sorry, I mean high school. I had spent all summer dreading, feeling nervous, happy? A lot of mixed emotions. And it is finally the start of the school year, knowing it would test my patience and sanity to the limits, let's hope it won't happen and it's me just overthinking of how the year will play out. And now, here I was, sitting in my bed, staring up at the ceiling, something I did a lot but I wondering how I was going to make it through the next 3 years, without busting a nerve.. As I sigh with a small smile on my face.. maybe this year will be my year..

The year is October 4th, 2021. It's been a year since that orphan boy Artemis Divil came to Monarch Academy, aka ME! and I will say come a long way. When I first got the recommendation to attend such a prestigious high school, I thought it was a joke, but turns out I was actually died wrong. and it has turned my life into something completely unique. I've met new people, made incredible friends, and found someone who is more than just a friend to me, which I did not expect at all!

This is a new year, and I think some people say 'New year, New me' maybe because of this new year I will finally gain some confidence in myself.. Or maybe get adopted! Well I don't want to think to far ahead of the future, and when I do get out of school and graduate maybe I can move to a big city in Paris and go to a good college.. and maybe on my senior year I will be valedictorian, something I dreamed of..

" Artemis.. I think that bus stop is calling your name, I don't want you to walk all the away to your school.." I could only presume it's Miss Rose calling out for me, and I was right! She was in front of the doorway.

As I look in the mirror one more time, I try to fix my cardigan, bush my hair up with my hands, which reminds me I need to buy a bush.. and lastly tell myself... I got this, it's not like I didn't tell myself that everyday but today I needed it more, to well calm my nerves.

(This is future me, I know it looks like trash but! It gets better later so future me apologizes for this jump scare of art)—————————————————————

—————————————————————

I was so excited but stressed about this year! I was happy to see my friends and to see my lovey boyfriend, it wasn't like I didn't talk to him everyday because well I did but thats whatever right now.

I was sadden at the news that I would not be dorming with my boyfriend again, but hey! I don't have many friends and probably won't have more at the end of this year, but I can try to make new ones that's one of my goals this year! And let's hope I keep up that goal.

—————————————————————
I was happy seeing everyone walk by one, by one, past me by the school, but I wanted to see the one person that I love the most.. Shino of course! I mean who would I love more then anything and anyone in this whole world.

Just as I was stuck in my thoughts, I see the the most handsome man in the world or Shino's beautiful orange, and yellow two-tone hair and this gorgeous amber, brown eyes.

I quickly dash almost like lightning into his arms, as he pulls me into a slow but steady kiss.

"Shino, I missed you so much!!" I cried out. "Arty, you texted me on the way here, and called me!" He laughs. "I don't care, as long as I get to see your face I am all right.." We both laugh.

"All right lovebirds, pack it up! I am sure you guys can flirt later. How about you guys find out your classes!" Blake says as she giggles.

"All right hot head, it not you and Jake are any different!" Shino yells to Blake. And I am not joking when I say her face was literally on fire! Like I'm not even joking literally on fire.

After Shino and Blake were jokingly making fun each other, there was something Blake was right about, we should find out our classes.

As I walked to pick up my bag, I kissed Shino goodbye, and waved to Blake. As I was walking down the schools very, and I mean very long hallway, I walk to the our headmaster, or principal? Some people say differently, but I was speed walking to our principal Kowalski's office, I knock on the door.

He took a minute or so, but what is taking him a long time it lik- " COME IN!" He yells, okay maybe I shouldn't have jinxed it... But I walk into his VERY cold office, and I will never get used to seeing a penguin as my headmaster.

"Oh-h, it's nice seeing you-u principal Kowalski..! Do you think-k I could well, I could get like-e a hand me down uniform.." I say with shame in my voice.

"Of course, and don't feel bad about it. I know what you're going through, and tell me if anyone is giving you a hard time." Principal Kowalski reinsurances me.

"Thank you again! I-I promise I'll say something if-f someone's giving me a hard." I internally face slap myself for stuttering.
————————————————————-
Picking up the hand me down uniform, I feel embarrassed.. Embarrassed because everyone else has new uniforms but me.. Did people talk about my uniform last year?! What will people think now?! What did my friends say about the uniform?
"Hey, are you okay? You look seriously pale do I need to call someone? Are you sick? and very stressed!." A angelic teen questions me.

"Oh-h, um-m I am fine.. just excited about the new year..!" I said very clearly lying out my teeth.

" You can tell me I won't judge! if you're comfortable at least!" She said. " Oh and my name is Charmeine! What's yours?" Charmeine said clearly trying to start conversation.

"My-y name is Artemis, it's nice to meet you and about the pale thing I'm just naturally really pale, I-I don't go outside that much-h.." I replied looking away.

"Sorry! I didn't mean it in a rude way I was just looking out for your health that's all!" She said with a big grin.

"Umm, will it's nice meeting you.." I look off for a moment. " Oh it's Charmeine! Right?" I ask, hopelessly hoping I am right.

"Yes it is but, I will talk to you later!, and please take care of yourself!" Charmeine says as she runs off. I really need to work on remembering things..

As I walk to the bathroom, now forgetting all about my uniform, I look at my reflection. All I been telling myself 'New year, new me' but I'm still a week, shy, useless kid from all my life. As I pull out a hair tie and attempting to put my hair in a ponytail, I look down at my glasses.. And I look at my hair.

...What if.. No.. That wouldn't work..

                           *beep!*

I got a text from Shino! 'Hey arty where are u? Everyone's in the auditorium' OH MY GOD I forgot! Maybe I can get there before anyone notices!
—————————————————————-

Hello!! This is my first story! I am humbly open to suggestions, tips, or whatever anything to make my story's better! And this took so long to write props on you, people who make stories!! Wow and 1000 words! Have a good day or night! 🫶🏽🌷 And sorry about Shino and Artemis's part, I am not into romance/ relationships but I will try to add some more ships just tell me! Ily guys!1