Chapter 3 A Strange Place

Tate's POV:
Violet is really having a great time. She has really been looking on the good side. Like I have a good side to me. She is looking on her good side like I'm looking on my good side. But every time I look at her, I see her as a light shining up a dark place. As I wake up I check the time. It's 5:30 am. I get up off the bed. Trying not to wake Violet up. I go down the stairs and go to the lake. I can't get that body off my mind. I know who did that. I know why. I know that I can't keep lying to Violet. It's too much.

Tate's POV:
I go back inside and sit down. Out of the corner of my eye I see my mother in the woods. She knows I see her and she gives me a signal to come over to her. I go. "Tate. Great to see you. Now I need to speak to you." We walk through the woods. "The body. In the water."
I knew she was going to say that. "Violet saw it you idiot. She is going to think you did this." I don't speak. She stopped walking. "You- you better not kill her. Because you did that to Rebecca. You killed her. Even though you said you wouldn't. She trusted you and she loved you." I look up. "I'm not going to kill Violet. I would never hurt her. Ever. And I know that because I didn't love Rebecca. I love Violet." She sighs. "Oh gosh, why do you do this? You can't keep this from her anymore." She looks at him. "Wait. Please please I'm begging you don't tell Violet. Please I need her and if she finds out she won't love me."

Violets POV:
I wake up to a bed of one. Tate isn't here. I go downstairs and grab a banana. I look all around the house. Tate is not in the house. I go out back to the lake and yell "Tate? Tate? Are you out here? Tate?" I get nervous. I see another thing in the water. It's red. It's spreading everywhere in the water. Then there is another body. "Oh my god." My eyes are starting to water and I'm terrified and scared Tate isn't here. I turn around crying and bump into something. It's Tate. I back up. "What is this place?" I ask sobbing.he doesn't answer. "What is it!?" I demand. "It's my families cabin." I wipe my eyes. "No it's not WHAT IS IT." He moved forward. I'll explain everything." I moved back too much I fell into the water. Tate grabs my hand and picks me up. I try to escape but he is too strong. He brings me upstairs and throws me on the bed.

Tate's POV:
I had to find a way to get Violet to stay and listen. I close the door. Then lock it. "Are you gonna kill me?" She asks. "No I would never hurt you." I couldn't explain to her I killed them. "There was a killer that lived on these grounds. He killed people and dumped them into the lake. We only have 3 days left." He comes over to me and kisses me.