Messy nights

One Day

Mo sneaked a peek at the clock on the table as he fiddled with the files in his hands. This meeting was the last one for the day and even though they just sat down 10 minutes ago, he couldn't help but felt like it was taking ages. But being a perfectionist and a stickler for the job, he still noted down the client's requests dutifully. As an alpha himself, he knew how troublesome the rut could be. Especially if you didn't have an omega mate. His fingers tightened on the paper he was writing on, crumbling it a bit.

When they got together, he knew this was a hurdle they were going to have to overcome. And that was why he always made sure to stay by He Tian's side whenever he went through his rut. Also, it was the only time he could stick it in his ass without He Tian complaining and snickering about how Mo's dick wasn't enough to make him cum. To think he was missing such an opportunity to make that burly, cocky bastard He Tian spread his legs and moaned under him... He gritted his teeth and showed the client a strained smile as they continued their blabbering all the while cursing at them in his head for wasting his precious opportunity. He pushed the contract toward them with a sweet smile, to hint that he really, really needed to go and be with his husband.

The client, finally, took the papers and scribbled their signature over the dotted line, agreeing to form a partnership between Mo's mechanic shop and their motor dealership. The moment he got the signed papers, Mo jumped from the chair so fast, grabbing the clients' hands for a quick shake, and rushed out of the door, leaving everyone puzzled and a little offended by his attitude. But that wasn't important for Mo Guang Shan now...

Usually, with the traffic and the rush hour, the trip to their condo would take around 45 minutes but if you didn't care about traffic safety rules or fines for running the red lights, you could make it under 30 minutes. Mo parked the bike in their garage and sprinted to the elevator. He checked his watch and saw it was a little over half past 5. "Hope that bastard took the medicine..." He mumbled while impatiently watching the lights blinking on each floor as the elevator carried him up to their penthouse. Screw that bastard for choosing to live in so an unnecessarily high-up apartment.

When the bell finally dinged and the doors opened, he rushed out and headed to their unit. When he opened the door and entered, silence and darkness greeted him. "Tian?" he called out, throwing his helmet somewhere on the floor. He flicked on the lights and saw that everything was the way he left this morning. There was no dirty dish in the sink, no furniture out of place, and no presence of another person. He frowned, feeling a little unsettled, but wasted no time thinking about it and headed over to the bedroom. When he turned on the lights, he was met with the blankets and sheets messy in a heap on the floor, the pillows were all over the place, and an empty bottle of Benadryl. "Why..." he shook the bottle and found that there wasn't even a drop left. Only then he heard a faint sound of water running, coming from their master bathroom. "Oh fuck...He Tian!!!"

For a second, he felt his heart drop and freeze in fear. But his brain registered the urgency of the situation quickly and he rushed to the bathroom. Did He Tian fall asleep in the bathtub and drowned? Or hit his head and bleeding out? He knew he should have taken the day off. He should have been by He Tian's side no matter how important the business was. What was he going to do if something happened to, He Tian? His nose stung and he felt a tremor in his hands as they gripped the door handle and opened it. A gush of cold breeze greeted him as he entered the bathroom. There was water on the floor everywhere but thankfully, there was no blood. Behind the see-through shower curtains, he saw He Tian's silhouette, hunched under the running water. He walked inside, taking careful steps as he waded through the water. "Tian? What are you doing? Are you ok? Why the water is on?" There was no reply.

Mo pulled the curtain to the side and revealed his husband standing under the cold water, naked with nothing but just his boxers. His forehead was pressed against the cold wall and his hands dangled on his side as icy water showered over him. "Oh my god, Tian! What the hell are you doing? You are freezing!" Mo gripped tight on his arms which felt like frozen popsicles under his palms. He closed the tap and got inside the tub, not caring his pants were soaked. He turned He Tian around who still didn't respond to him and kept staring vacantly at the water. "What did you do? Why are you standing in the cold water like this? Did you take the whole bottle of Benadryl?" he shook He Tian from his arms as if to wake him up and surprisingly, only then did He Tian look up. His face was pale, and his lips were turning blue. It took him a few seconds to focus his eyes on Mo's face and upon seeing the worried redhead, a faint smile broke on his trembling lips. "Momo..."