Take the medicine

One Day

He Tian squinted his tired eyes at the computer screen. Even though his job as a programmer earned him a butt load of money that kept his life on a posh lane, the daily life glued to a computer screen was far from being worthwhile. But he didn't completely hate his career of choice. After all, being able to manipulate and control the virtual world with just a few taps of his fingers gave him a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment. That was not unlike the euphoria from an orgasm.

Without looking away, he patted the table in search of coffee and when his fingers finally felt the thing he was looking for, he grabbed it to tip down his throat. Sadly, except for a single drop of espresso, the cup was empty. He had completely forgotten that he just emptied it a couple of minutes ago. Thirsty for the caffeine that kept him alert, he smacked his lips, and finally looked away from his computer. "Fuck...Ashley! Do you still have coffee left? Give me some" He yelled at the top of his lungs, the sound booming in his office.

Ashley, one of the senior programmers, poked her head out from behind the glass door. She had short spikey hair, and a pair of horn-rimmed glasses sat on her small pale face. She took her kettle and shook it before He Tian. The sound of liquid splashing against the metal was a sweet chime to both. "Thank God. Give me." He Tian got out of his chair and went over to get his fix. "Boss, the architect from Life firm is here." As the dark bitter liquid filled his mouth, he felt the subsequent release of dopamine that gave him a rush that he so damn needed to finish the work on time to go home to Mo.

"Already? Sure, take him to the meeting room. I will head over." The subordinate nodded and left without a complaint. "...I feel like you are spending too much time with that architect. Are you by chance cheating on your husband?" Ashley asked peering over her glasses. He Tian made a disgusted face and replied, "God, please, No. That guy, Zhang Xi is one of my high school friends. He's married with kids. Seriously, Ash...I just got goosebumps. Plus, my darling is the most beautiful man in the whole wide world, why would I spare my time on that deadpan bastard? You need to check your eyesight. Again, Ash." He patted the girl's shoulder who just shrugged and looked bored with his response.

Zhang Xi was already leafing through the documents when He Tian entered the room. The man looked up to see his rude friend who didn't even apologize for being late and sat down across from him nonchalantly. "...Looking gloomy as ever, XiXi." "... I am gloomy because you don't respect the time. You are 10 minutes late." "...Oh please. Relax." "You better do a good job setting up our server and program, He Tian." Tian scoffed and ran his fingers over the documents before him. "...Dude, you won't find a better programmer than me in this country. Look at these first before complaining." Zhang Xi rolled his eyes and continued reading the documents. When he saw that He Tian had done a great job as he said, the man finally relaxed. He Tian smirked as satisfaction was written all over Zhang Xi's face. His fingers drummed on the table as they conversed from time to time.

"I think this is all we need. Thanks. You really did an amazing job." Zhang Xi finally said after a long hour of discussion. "Obviously. I expect a dinner next time." Zhang Xi just nodded at him, and he got up, clutching the documents under his arms. "Wait a minute...I have a bone to pick with you." He Tian said, suddenly remembering to yell at Zhang Xi. "...What?" "I heard Jian Yi is pregnant with a second child. So first, congratulations." Only when hearing this, did Zhang Xi's face soften, and he smiled a little. He Tian scrunched his nose and continued, "...I am happy for you guys but don't put stupid ideas in Guang Shan's head." Zhang Xi frowned at his words, "What do you mean?" He Tian sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, before replying, "I heard Jian Yi met with Guang Shan last week and he seemed to have said something that made Guang Shan question our living arrangements."

Zhang Xi sat back down as he sense this wasn't going to be a short conversation. He Tian would become tedious and stupid unlike his usual calm and sensible self whenever Mo Guang Shan was concerned. This hadn't changed since their high school time. "What do you mean?" He Tian put his elbows on the table and lean his forehead against it. "...Guang Shan asked me if I wanted children." "..." Zhang Xi didn't say anything, but let the words settle between them. "...What is the problem with that? You guys been married for a while now. It is normal to consider building a family at this stage." He Tian glared at him through his fingers and barked, "...Did you forget both of us are alphas? We aren't like you guys. Do you have any ideas how dangerous is it for alphas to have kids? I am not going to risk Guang Shan for some stupid things like building a family."