The Hunter

"Such bravery" people murmured. "And the bravery's gonna kill her! Behead her, right in front of her queen" Vera ordered and the guards seized the crying maid. "It's clear, the red sword shows...this wedding isn't just meant to happen" she said as they took her to the dungeon and beheaded her there. Elizabeth was beyond devastated. "AND I TOLD HER TO LET IT SLIDE" she cried. The wedding continued and Vera and Lionel were married.

                                                                         ★EARTH★

 Alexia woke up the next day. The fisherman wasn't home but Maya was right in front of her. "Uh....Maya, where's grandpa?" She asked. "Grandpa went to the river to fish." Maya replied. "Maya, can I ask about your personal life?" Alexia was awkward when saying it. "Why not? We're friends now" Maya grinned. "Why are you staying with Grandpa? Where's Mom and Dad?" She asked "Uhm...after mom and dad gave birth to me, they dropped me with Grandpa because they wanted to go camping for two days.

The woods were cold and I was too little to bear it. Grandpa was poor, but he made sure he took proper care of me and I was happy. But since then, we never heard of mom and dad again. The stories Grandpa told me was that a wild animal must have seized them. Since then, I've been living with Grandpa. Business wasn't going well for grandpa and nobody bought his fish. He was sad and I couldn't go to school anymore at 4. Now am 7, we still don't have a way to send me school" Maya said, she was crying. Alexia saw it in her eyes. Their story touched her heart. Alexia sighed deeply. She was now a part of the family. She had no where to go, and she had no idea who her original parents were. So, she was the man's granddaughter. She had to take care of him and his granddaughter because she had formed a relationship with them in just a few days.

"I need to find a job and send Maya schooling again" she thought. "Ok Maya, have you eaten breakfast?" She asked. "No, dad has gone to fetch what to eat" Alexia sighed again. Maya ran outside to play. She had no clothes except the wet ones she had when she woke up from the river. She looked for extra clothes everywhere. The house had 4 bedrooms. She entered the 4th bedroom. There was nothing but a wood spinning wheel for sewing and when she opened the wardrobe, there were lots of flax and yarn inside. There was also hay and fur of animals. She took one pile of fur and put it at the spinning wheel. It was spinning and she learnt she was good. Maya entered. "Wow! You spin!" She exclaimed. "I never knew I was good!" Alexia was also amazed and continued sewing. She had made a beautiful straight gown out of white fur. She put it on. "You look amazing Princess" Maya laughed. "Thanks baby girl. Am off to look for a job" she announced. "WHAT? DONT LEAVE THE HOUSE! GRANDPA'S GONNA BE MAD!" Maya shouted at her. "If I don't go out and look for a job now, how will you go back to school? After all, ive also become his granddaughter so I have a duty.

Come with me" Alexia tried to hold her but she took her hands off. "I stay home by my self. And if I get bored, I have a friend next door" she told Alexia. Alexia left. She saw the old man fishing and she just passed another route. She sat under a tree thinking. What can she do for a living?? Just then a gun fell from the top of the tree. She exclaimed in shock. "Thank Goodness it didn't fall on me" she breathed a sigh of relief. She took the gun and saw a hunter walking into the woods. She followed him to give him his gun, but he didn't look back once. He was with a bow and arrow. Alexia ran towards him and to her shock, a lion was racing towards them. Her eyes were filled with fear. The man noticed and he was confused. He had never killed a lion so enormous. Alexia was also there. Standing like a statue. As the lion came closer, it pounced and Alexia just pulled the trigger without thinking. "AHHHHHHH!" Alexia shut her eyes. The lion fell down dead in front of her. "Did...you kill the lion??" Alexia asked the man with a shaky voice. "No, you killed the lion my dear" the man was middle aged and he was delighted. Alexia was still surprised. "You are a great hunter. It's your meat" the man gave a her a sack and a gun. Alexia was so happy. She went deeper into the woods with the man. They hunted together and Alexia went back home with all her meats. "Oh My God! Alexia!" Maya yelled seeing her with a gun. "I am a hunter now! Look grandpa" the man smiled when Alexia called him grandpa. He was even more delighted when he saw all the animals she had killed with their meat. "You remind me of my wife. She was a hunter and she knew the bow and arrow so well. The fur you used to make your dress, everything was hunted by her. Thank You So Much, Alexia" the man looked grateful.