IX

Y/n stared at the one-sided window with her arms crossed. Sonny is negotiating the stranger earlier today. She's worried. Watching the whole scene in front of her, she bit her finger. Memories of him trying to attempt to kidnap her flooded again in her brain.

"N/n? You're look like you've seen a ghost! Do you wanna go outside?" Alban came in to save her from the whole scenario. She nodded at her best friend's words. "That sounds nice.."

Alban then felt a cold touch when their fingers brushed against each other. It was as if she just took an ice bath. He decided to take off his jacket and placed it over her shoulders in hopes it would warm her up at least a tiny bit.

He took her outside where the sun was still up and shining. "Feel a bit better?"

Y/n nods. "Much better. Thank you, Alban."

"That's what besties are for so don't mention it," He smiled.

There was silence between the two. Y/n rubbed her hands together to keep them warm, Alban was enjoying the scenery outside.

"Remind me why we're not at the police station?" Y/n asked, looking at her brunet friend. "Uh.. Sonny is an officer and he's on break so taking him there might be a bad thing for him."

Are officers not allowed to take a criminal into the station even when they're on work break?

She decided to stay quiet as it would be better that way.

"There you are," looking behind them, they saw Shu standing with an arm placed on his hip. "Let's go home, Y/n. You must be tired from all what happened."

"Is Sonny still inside with the guy?"

Shu got silent. It was obvious to Alban that he was not happy that she changed the subject. "He is but you can text him when we get you rested," The brother replied still with his soft voice.

Y/n had no choice but to oblige his words. "See you later, Alban. Tell Sonny I went home with Shu." She earned a child-like nod from the person she mentioned.

"Alright onii, let's go home."

~ • °

"I can't believe you didn't heed what I told you." A clearly pissed off Shu said to Sonny who kept looking down during the conversation. "I already told you on call! I-!" He stopped himself, taking a deep breath in.

A paper shikigami flown to his side to keep him calm and the sight of it worked. Shu turned his attention back to the blonde. "I forgive you, Sonny. Please just don't do it again."

The yellow highlighted man then turned to glare to the person sitting across from Sonny. "And you."

Shoto rolled his eyes at the tone of his voice. "I've told you to stay away from my sister." Shu's voice filled with venom and annoyance. This has been the third time he had to tell the rogue this.

"The balls you have." Mysta whispered to Shoto. He too, earned an eyeroll from him. "Bitch." Mysta managed to whisper.

"It's not my fault she's my fucking girlfriend." Shoto answered Shu. "Oh and why did we managed to be together? You should thank Hikarino! He was the one who said I could date her!"

"I never said that-"

Shu and Shoto both shot a glare to the sideliner witnessing. "Shut up, Hikarino."

Shu sighs, rubbing his temples from the stress of the conversation. "Mysta, can you take him to room four?" Mysta stood up from his seat and saluted to the man. "Yessir." The detective then took the rogue to the said room.

"Yikes, I hope he would be alright." Hikarino mumbled. "I'm gonna go find Kanekuro," The polar twin then excused himself, leaving only Shu and Sonny in the room.

The silence was too loud for Sonny so he decided to finally look up but immediately regretted it when his eyes locked with Shu's narrowed ones. "Uh-"

"I'm the company's IT. I knew where Alban was taking Y/n and knew that you were gonna meet up with Shoto." Sonny shut his mouth, hearing his confession.

Does that mean he also read that Mysta accidentally outed him?

Not having to say to the blonde, Shu took his belongings and got ready to leave the room. "..why did you want to drop the case?" Shu stopped whatever he was doing.

He looked back to Sonny and with a heavy heart, he poured out the truth.

"Y/n isn't my sister. You could think of her like Hikarino. You've read the file didn't you?"

Sonny nodded.

Shu looked down, trying to prevent himself tearing up. "Y/n is like a part of me. I can't let her go off to the hands of the wrong person." He looked up, finally able to compose himself. "You can also say she's.."

But he stopped himself continuing further. "Nevermind. I shouldn't have told you. What you can know is she's part of the a program call Protectorate under Branch Four, also known as PB4. Sussy program name but eh, Luca chose it."

"That means.." Sonny trailed off in realisation.

Shu nods, knowing what he wanted to say. "Yes, you thought correctly." He picks up his bag and held his phone. "I'll be leaving now. Oh! One more thing." He threw a small box to the aussie and thankfully he caught it.

"Give it to y/n during your wedding, okay?" Sonny smiled at Shu who was leaving. The blonde smiled, finally obtained a green light from his fiancé's guardian.