Park?

Well it was bright that afternoon, and I had plans, plans to go to a park. I had planned to go to the new park in the vicinity. People said that the park was a "once in lifetime view" or at least that's what I remember, rumors had it that, it has emerald green grass, wind as cool and soft as it could get it was better than any breeze, the scent of the flowers was that of heaven, the sky blew colors at night and curves of that in the day. Basically sounds like a forever rainbow.

It could all be true because I live in the mountains and this park was opened in the forever closed region of the mountain. 'A park in the mountains?' That's what everyone thought. How could there be a park on the mountain?(not that it's impossible), so to confirm it and to actually see it, I had to go. The park was meant to be open only for three days or four, they said it could not be opened for any longer . Honestly, it did not make any sense because, why would someone open a park for four days? and make it so well only to close it. Not only that. We did not know who was responsible for it. I thought that part of the land belonged to the government, but it did not or maybe now does not. Either way, one morning I woke up to people reading posters, voices over the radio and tv that there is a park in the closed region for people to visit.

I remember there were a few people from outside that had visited that very morning of the fliers flying around. They had their claims to make, and claims that matched everything I mentioned. So the very next day I made my plans to go and see that place. One of my friends had also visited there with four of our town's members, she told me that she would call me once she comes back home. You see there is no service in that area, it's abandoned. And she forgot to give me a call, "she must have gotten tired from traveling" I thought and decided to move out, it was already 12:30.

We were around twelve people waiting outside this huge silver gate joining the large walls for someone to let us in, the actual park itself was still 200 feet away. The entrance was far from the park, maybe it was so because they did not want people to see it from the outside. Any of my reasoning did not make any sense to me, i mean if there is wind and sky and color and scent involved, i think all of it is part of nature and we should be able to see it from miles ahead, but we could not see a thing. We could not see it from the roads while coming here too, maybe because this part of the town is at the end, which means there were no roads or anything that would pass that region. I am trying to reason here okay.

It had been fifteen minutes or so I believe, and the gates opened up, "automatic shit" someone murmured. The very moment I went in, there were pollen in the wind ,a lot of pollen falling from these palm trees, perfect looking palm trees, aligned two hundred feet towards the main park, and since we were on this hill top region i could see everything from up here , the entirety of the town , but clearly i couldn't see this from down there, weird. What's weirder is that the pollen i was talking about was not there outside the gate, the gate which was at a feet's distance, forget about the pollen there was no wind too, "it had to be there, either in our direction or away from us" that's what i thought "maybe it's the gate and walls restricting its flow" again its just self convincing and trying to forget about the fact that no matter how tall the gate and walls were the air had to get through from the top or through the gaps in the hinges of the gate and possibly carry a minute amount of pollen with it. I say this because the wind wasn't subtle, it was fast. You may ask "why would you feel that bit of pollen on the other side if it got through?" well i have a high pollen allergy and it really gives me bad and by bad i mean terrible asthma. I would instantly feel it, no matter how little it was. It didn't make any sense, this heavy amount of pollen in my first breath should have almost killed me. I did wear my high grade air filter mask the very instant i saw the pollen, but, that first puff i took in should have triggered my allergy and my lungs should have collapsed on me, not that am not happy about that incredible miracle, although before sight, my senses should have picked the pollen in the air first.