disclaimers

"Quotations" = Normal dialogue

Italics = Thoughts or emphasis on words

Italics+Underline = Flashback

Bold+Italics = Narration

Bold+Underline = Writing / Lettering

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐ = Time skip / Scene change

... = Pause in a sentence / drifting away from conversation

"S-s-" = Stumbling of words

Underline = Text messages

Nerine Hasegawa (馳河 ネリネ, Hasegawa Nerine), known in "S" as Daydream. He is a half-Japanese exchange student who has just returned from Canada to Okinawa with his mother Nanako Hasegawa and older brother Langa Hasegawa. He gets caught up in "S", an underground skateboard race, along with Lanha and Reki Kyan. Unlike Reki, Nerine has no skateboarding experience, but his observations from snowboarding helped him get a head start.

CHARACTERISTICS

ENGLISH
Nerine Hasegawa

KANJI
馳河 ネリネ

ROMAJI
Hasegawa Nerine

"S" NAME
Daydream (白昼夢)

ALIASES
Oceanid (by Adam)

RELATIVES
Nanako Hasegawa (mother)
Oliver (father; deceased)
Langa Hasegawa (brother)

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

STATUS
Alive

BIRTHDAY
May 8

AGE
16

EDUCATION
High School (First Year)

TALENT
Observing
Skateboarding

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

HEIGHT:
6'1 (186 cm)

WEIGHT:
150 lbs (68 kg)

EYE COLOR:
Aqua

HAIR COLOR:
Brown

PERSONALITY:
Nerine has a tendency to get lost in his own world of possibilities and fantasies. This trait can get him into trouble because he can also forget about a lot of his responsibilities.

He's deemed a little bit of an airhead by his peers and isn't seen as smart, even though he is quite intelligent when he can focus on something for a change.

He is very observant and takes in a lot of details of people and their actions from the first glance. He may forget what he's told, but if he's shown what to do he is a very fast learner.

He stands firm in his beliefs and faces challenges head-on, not really thinking twice of his actions.

He's generally a happy person, though sometimes when he's overwhelmed he can become rather quiet and closed off.

But he cares deeply for anyone he considers close to him, and other than that, he is actually a bit apathetic to others.

Even though he enjoys and actually, prefers the company of others, Nerine needs time alone to recharge. He often retreats to a quiet space in the room and takes a minute to breathe.

He has a very bad tendency to lie about many sorts of things, a habit Langa doesn't like about him because he's one of the few people who can tell when Nerine is lying.

APPEARANCE:
Nerine has medium-length light brown hair (described as "warm-chocolate"). His eyes are blue and he is above the average height where he is noticeably taller than others. His skin is light from growing up in Canada with pale scars being seen on his arms and legs.

Usually, he is shown in a high school uniform consisting of black pants, and a white button-down shirt, refusing to wear any other layers.

When hanging out with Reki and Langa, Nerine wears baggy clothes consisting of light colors, such as purple and blue or pastel t-shirts and white shorts. But he has also been seen in a lavender flannel and jeans. He wears the same white sneakers a lot, causing them to look more run down.

For his "S" outfit, he wears a pastel blue t-shirt and white pants with a white bandana with specific blue shoes to match.

ETYMOLOGY
- Nerine (ネリネ) is a common name given to girls, but was given by his grandmother after the thought that Nerine was going to be born a girl. The meaning attached to his name is "Sea nymph" which also symbolizes everything beautiful and kind about the sea.

- Hagesawa (馳河) has the kanji for "gallop, run" and "river, stream"

STATS
Good Looks
5/5

Communication
3/5

Competitiveness
4/5

Reticence
2/5

Skating Expertise
?/5

Likes
- Skating
- Hard candy
- Reki Kyan
- The ocean
- Running

Dislikes
- Physical touch
- Being alone
- Loud noises
- Comparison
- Snow

This whole story was made out of boredom, fun, and a few hours of sleep each chapter. Some characters may be OOC at times, and I deeply apologize, but please try to look past it.

!!Sk8 the infinity does not belong to me to any extent, only Nerine and Nori!!

Hope you enjoy!