Where It All Began (pt. 1)

"Xiao?"

"Oh you're awake. How are you feeling?"

You could only groan in response, touching the bandages around your forehead. Though you don't recall ever hurting your head in the first place, "What happened here?"

"I'm guessing you don't remember. You injured your head while wandering around Jueyun Karst. Why were you even there in the first place? You could be so clumsy sometimes, it's embarrassing."

"Don't treat me like a child." You rubbed your head and pouted, "And for your information, I remembered everything. I just don't recall hurting my head in the process of visiting Moon Carver." 

"You remember everything?"

"Yes."

"As in..everything?"

"Yes Xiao, everything."

Xiao gave you a look. That same look he always gives you when he thinks you're not telling him the entire truth. The real fact of the matter is, all you remembered was what happened at Jueyun Karst. But you had a feeling that Xiao knew more than he would let up.

"Xiao...I think it's time."

A part of him was dreading for this moment to happen. But another part of him looked forward to the aftermath. When you find out the truth— find out about everything. But he knew that, that blissful moment would only happen for a few moments. He recalled the countless of meetings he has had with the Geo Archon before his false passing. Discussing the potential war you would cause as soon as you stepped foot back into Liyue.

"Usually I would refuse to tell you anything but..if you do remember everything from earlier today then I guess there's no hiding it any more...Beleth. God of Fate."

500 Years Ago

Your wings emerged from your back as you jumped, shooting yourself into the air. You watched, waiting to see what the Archons would do. Their orders were to eliminate Khaenri'ah. They've grown quite comfortable with the titles given to them by Celestia. You on the other hand, can not participate, you were a Celestial God. Your position in Celestia differs to that of other Gods. Yes, even in a land where Gods reside, ranks exist. Celestial Gods such as yourself hold much more power than that of the seven Archons and other Gods.

You wondered, "What will they do? What ever shall they do?"

"Beleth. You are not supposed to be here."

"Relax. I wasn't even gonna do anything."

"Knowing you, you probably had something up your sleeve."

You turned back to the woman with snow white hair and gold piercing eyes. Deep in thought before turning back around, you prepared to leave the destruction of Khaenri'ah to the hands of the Archons. Your back and flapping wings facing her.

"Is this such a good idea? You know, destroying this place. I hate to ask but..What did Khaenri'ah ever do to us?"

"I can't believe you would still ask me a question like that. This rapid development of such power could ruin the balance of this world. The more these humans progress the faster they can overturn the positions set by Celestia-"

"Celestia or you?"

You saw her hands suddenly clench tightly at your interruption, "Humans are humans. The Archons rule over them. And we as Celestial beings remain as Gods in Celestia. That is how this world is suppose to work. As the Sustainer of Heavenly Principals, I will execute this belief. Just like how the Electro Archon exercises her belief in eternity and how the Anemo Archon exercises his belief in freedom." She turned to you, giving you a stern look, "And you Beleth exercise your belief in fate correct? Then prove it to me and let the Archons decide for themselves."