2-The World Eater

“You should respect me more. I am your father and a dovah at that.” He spoke to me harshly. 

“You do not deserve that. You killed my mother and ruined my life.” I hollered at him. 

“Watch your tone with me. Do not forget that you’re still in a joor body and this is just a temporary form for me.” He snapped. 

“What do you want with me?” I narrowed my eyes on him. There was no way he was doing any of this out of love for his daughter. He was not capable of it. None of the dovah are. 

“I want you to help me. You see, Alduin has ruled us for years, even before I was created. Many say that he is getting weak. The Nords and Atmorans are rebelling more and more. We want to replace him. And you, as the only female dovah in existence, would be a high value bride for them.” Julnehwiin smiles. No wonder he was after me for so long. “I imagine you’ve had your moon blood by now.” 

“I would never agree to being bred like a damn cow! I am not yours to do as you wish, father dearest.” My last two words earn me a strike across the face that sends me falling to the ground. 

“You will do as I tell you or-” He said. 

“Or what?” A voice rang out from behind me. It was a young man with two masked people with him. “Please do repeat yourself, Julnehwiin, I am sure Alduin would enjoy hearing all of that.” 

“Rynhek-” Julnehwiin spoke. “You think that he’d believe you over me?” 

“I do not think he would take your betrayal lightly.” He spoke in a calm tone. I noticed he was eyeing me. I look away. He is quite handsome, with brown hair, green eyes and a chiseled face. “Arrest him.” 

“You do not have the authority to do so! You’re not even a priest!” Julnehwiin hollered as the masked men grabbed him and hauled him away. 

“As far as I’m concerned, anyone can report treason.” The man spoke, shaking his head. He turns his attention to me. 

“Are you alright?” He asked, offering a hand. I take it and nod, cradling my cheek. 

“Thank you.” I smile at him. “I hope your intentions aren’t as ill.” 

“Of course not.” Rynhek chuckled. “And what would your name be?” 

“Aemma.” I tuck my bangs behind my ear, feeling my cheeks get hot. 

“Lovely name to match a lovely woman.” He chuckled. I’m twenty four yet I am acting like a schoolgirl over this. 

“So what will happen to me now?” I ask him, feeling nervous. 

“I wish I could tell you but I don’t know myself either.” Rynhek shook his head, placing his hand on his forehead. 

“Well, whatever happens, you saved me from my father’s plans.” I look at him. Not going to lie, I am very nervous. I don’t like not knowing anything. I notice a masked person walking to us. 

“My Lord and Lady, you are requested in the courtyard.” 

**********************************************************************************************************

He was the ruler of everything he saw. Alduin, the firstborn of Akatosh, the World Eater, and the first dragon was flying in the skies after one of his priests in another temple had warned him of treason being plotted near the city of Ahlresodovah. 

Alduin knew better than to trust his fellow dov. They were greedy and power hungry in nature. Nothing would ever be enough for them. He wondered which of them had dared to turn their back on their King. He landed on the courtyard of the temple, scaring a few of the slaves at the temples and some other people as well. He felt the presence of three dragons but only saw one besides him. 

“My lord.” Vahlok spoke in a solemn tone. “Julnehwiin has dared to speak treason towards you and break the sacred law.” 

Alduin turned to see the silvery dragon staring at him. He saw his nephew. Where was that third dragon soul coming from? He turned his face slightly to see her. She was tall, standing a few inches below his nephew. She had long and curly auburn hair and green eyes. Her skin was tanned and her cheeks were flushed red. Why, he could not say for sure. 

“What is the meaning of that?” He snapped at Julnehwiin. 

“That is my daughter, my King.” He spoke to him directly, with no shame or regret in his tone. 

“You created that?” Alduin snapped. “You have indeed broken the sacred law.” 

“So did your brother and you spared his whelp.” Julnehwiin spoke. Alduin immediately snapped at his throat, tearing a chunk of scale and flesh. Julnehwiin responded by biting at Alduin’s horns. If he wanted to die in a foolish battle for that thing, Alduin thought. So be it.