4-Worth

What kind of skills would I have that would help him? I thought about Alduin’s final words to me before he flew off. I was a thief but I don’t know how that would help. My cooking skills are horrible, I cannot sing or play an instrument, and I despise the idea of showing him my very pathetic alchemy skills. And of course, I am no Dibella in bed and I doubt he would enjoy bedding what he considers a mistake. 

Rynhek tosses and turns, seemingly in the middle of a nightmare. 

“Mother!” He screams, standing up. I get out of bed and walk to him. He grabs at his hair and curls up with his knees to his forehead, sobbing. 

“What’s wrong?” I asked him, sitting on the ground. 

“Nightmares. That’s all.” He sighed. 

“Was it about your mother?” I asked him, looking at him. 

“Yeah, it was. She died a long time ago, because of my father….” Rynhek looked depressed. 

“Did he kill her too?” I look at the ground, thinking of my own father murdering my mother. 

“When Alduin found out about my mother and I, he threatened to kill us both in front of my father. My father begged him to spare our lives, to just banish the three of us together. Alduin told him that one of us could live and my mother begged him for my life. So I lived and she was killed by one of his dragon priests.” Rynhek was about to cry. 

“I’m so sorry this happened to you.” I reach to get his hand. He grabbed my hand gently. 

“What did your father do to your mother?" Rynhek asked me. 

"Apparently, he raped her and I was born. When I was twelve, he came to my grandparent's farm and tried to split us. My mother fought him and he killed her. I ran off, became a pickpocket and then some asshole kidnapped me and I ended up here." I shook my head. 

"Wow. I'm sorry that happened to you." Rynhek sighed. "Seems like we're just two cursed beings, aren't we?" 

"I suppose so." I look at him. "We should probably go back to sleep or we're going to look after draugrs tomorrow morning." 

He chuckled. "Good night, Lady Aemma."

I climb back into bed, smiling. "Good night, Lord Rynhek." 

The next morning, I woke up refreshed. Rynhek was sprawled out on the bench, his robe halfway falling off his shoulder. I got up, realizing I was still asleep in my dress from when I got kidnapped. To my surprise there was a robe that had various shades of blue stripes on it, underclothes and a white dress.  I quickly get dressed and braid my hair. 

Rynhek falls off the couch. I rushed to him. 

"Are you alright?" I asked him. 

"I am." He gets up. "Wow. That is really your color."

My cheeks flush. "T-Thanks." 

There's a knock on the door.

"Enter." Rynhek speaks. A Priest enters. 

"Alduin thuri requests your presence in his throne room." The priest looks at me. Of course he does. 

I look at Rynhek. He nods and I walk out of the room with the priest. I think about why he would want me. Either he's going to kill me now or see what I have to offer. 

****************************************************

He was waiting for her. The Priests had told him he should spare her and make her his Queen. She was the only female dovah in existence, even if she was a half baked dovah. Others suggested using her as a breeder. 

Alduin did not want to mate with her. He did not need a queen or heirs as he was eternal. Nahkriin arrived with the woman. She was dressed finely and she bowed to him. 

He lowered his head to catch her scent. She definitely had the soul of a dovah. 

"Rise." He spoke. The woman got up, looking at him with the same eyes Julnehwiin used to have. 

"What skill would save your life, joor?" Alduin asked her. 

"I was part of the Thieves Guild before I was taken here, my King." I replied. "Perhaps that may be of use to you." 

"It will be. But I cannot go by your words alone." Alduin spoke. "Go to the temple of Kyne in Ahlresodovah and steal a chalice from her altar."

Great, if he doesn't roast me alive, Kyne will strike me down. I don't know what I'll do. But my life is on the line. 

"Yes, my King." I responded. He lifted his head back up. 

"You will find some things for you in your shared chambers. Do not fail or you will await your fate in the Aetherius." Alduin spoke. 

"Thank you, my King." I say, feeling annoyed but also somewhat grateful for the chance. I should not fuck this up.