5-Travel

I was walking to Rynhek's and my chambers, cursing myself. What a fucking idiot. Did I really think I could get away with stealing something from the temple of Kyne? I open the door to find a rather small pack and a bedroll. The pack had some dried meat, a decent sized bottle of wine, and some snowberries. There was also some coarse and dry bread, a few potions with labels on them and a dagger as well as an iron sword.

I should probably thank Alduin when or if I get back. I also find a long sleeved tunic, brown vest, and long leather boots. There was also a navy blue cape.

"Please, please forgive me." I whisper to Kyne. I swap out my dress for the clothes. I take a deep breath and walk out of the room.

"Aemma?" It was Rynhek but he was walking around unmasked. "What's wrong?"

"I have a mission that Alduin has ordered me to do." I sighed. "I don't really want to do it but-"

"You have to. I know. I've been there before." Rynhek gently placed his hand on my shoulder. "Good luck, fellow dovahkiin."

I just hugged him. It was nice to have someone care for me. At least, I hope he does.

"Thank you, Rynhek." I replied, smiling at me. I turn away, walking out of the dragon priest's temple. I feel like they're staring at me. Whether it is in wonder or horror, I am not sure. You would think as a half dragon, people would be scared of me. They see me as the result of the horrors inflicted on my mother by my sire.

I get out of the temple, wanting to take a deep breath but finding myself shivering from the cold. I still have a way to go before reaching my destination. So far, I don't feel confidence in the slightest about this mission.

"Aemma!" a voice whispers in the distance. "Aemma!"

I turn, trying to figure out who's trying to speak to me. The snow seems to be falling at a slower rate.

"Hello?" I ask, looking confused. "Who's there?"

"Aemma the Swift.....we have been hired to teach you a lesson." It was a group of bandits. Oh, fucking hell.

"Who did I piss off this time?" I muttered to myself. I open my hands and concentrate on casting a spark spell. I zap at the bandits, tossing them around and knocking them into each other. There. My magicka feels drained. Damn. I noticed that there was a man in a horse pulled wagon. Did he just watch me do all of that? Or did he just arrive?

"Wow, you must be a trainee for the Priests or something." He spoke.

"Just a traveler in the wrong place at the wrong time." I stand back up. "I suppose. Do you know how to get to the nearest temple of Kyne?"

"Of course, I was headed to the city to deliver an order to a nobleman. I thought they were about to get me honestly. Would you like a ride?" The man asked.

"Yes, that is kind of you." I get on the passenger side of the wagon. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smacks the reins of his horse to move. "About time someone took care of the bandit problem."

"Yeah, I don't miss that." I sighed, placing my arms on my knees. "Where are you from?"

"I was born in Hammerfell but I never stayed in one place. Not unlike you." The man says. "I make cheese for a living. Wonderful business, I might add."

"Do you?" I ask him. "That sounds like it could be fun."

"It is. I've been experimenting and so far, I've had a few successes." The man sighed. "Of course, I don't think that you would be interested in the stories of a cheesemonger."

"I'm sure they're far more entertaining than mine. I just seem to be in the wrong place all the time." I chuckle. I don't think he wants to hear what I do for a living and what I'm about to do.

"Perhaps. I once fancied myself as an adventurer when I was your age. But I found my beloved Cordelia and now, I have two little girls and a business to run." He sighed. We arrive at the city gates. I could have walked, but let's be honest, I didn't feel like it.

"Thank you for the ride.....umm....." Damn it, I don't know his name.

"It's Livinus." He says. "And good luck in your endeavor, Aemma the Swift."

I nod and head off to the city. There's various houses and what look like business buildings around. There's the gildergreen in the center of the village, bright and flowing with life. Kyne, please forgive me for what I'm about to do.