14

REAL LIFE

It was 12:30AM before Rose actually got home. Her heart sunk a little when she saw Pedro's car wasn't in the drive. He'd gone radio silent since the afternoon.

Rose walked to her kitchen and chuckled at the Tupperware on the side. It had a post-it note stuck to it with Pedro's messy handwriting.

'Empanadas, heat for 5 minutes. Pedro.x'

She put the empanada in the microwave and clicked for 5 minutes, pulling her phone out while she waited.

TEXT MESSAGE

12:38AM

Baby
Thank you for the dinner

Baby
I'm sorry for not being able to make dinner

Pedro❤️
It's ok, I'm sorry for being off

Pedro❤️
I should know better than to book plans when someone's on set

Pedro❤️
Did you just get home now?

Baby
Yes, I'm exhausted😔

Pedro❤️
When are you in tomorrow

Baby
7am

Baby
I should probably sleep

Pedro❤️
How has Tom been?

Baby
We've barely spoken

Baby
Why do you ask

Pedro❤️
Just curious

Baby
Can I stay at yours tomorrow? I miss you

Pedro❤️
Of course. Goodnight baby❤️

REAL LIFE

Pedro locked his phone and laid in bed. He wished he wasn't so stubborn earlier and were with his love right now. Instead his jealously got the best of him and he pushed her away by staying at his. He cooked her the empanadas before he left as a goodwill gesture, he knew intentionally she didn't mean any harm. He was an actor too, he knew what it was like when things are out of your control. Some days you should only be scheduled for 4 hours but you stay there for 12. If anything, he felt bad for Rose right now. She started at 9am and she didn't get home till just now, whereas he's been sat around all day just waiting for her to get home.

It was weird. Neither of them had both been working at the same time while they were together, so one would always be waiting around for the other to finish work. And now it was Pedro's turn. Don't get mistaken, he was incredibly proud of his girlfriend. The Marvel movies are a huge deal in the tv world and he was so impressed she'd be renewed for 4 movies and 2 side hustle tv shows for Marvel. The only thing that bothered him was the fact she'll now be working with her ex for a while. And even after that, they have press tours.

It's not that he sized him up as competition. As far as everyone was aware Tom was happy now with Zendaya. Pedro was just worried. Tom and Rose had 6 years together, Pedro and Rose have only had 6 months. It's nothing in comparison really. Maybe he was a little jealous and it got the best of him, but it wasn't Rose's fault and it was something Pedro needed to control.