Part 10 - Late

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

hi guys! it's my birthday, so enjoy another double upload! I can't help myself lol

_____________________________

Even after the wine, it was still the best night's sleep Red ever had.

Kirishima's bed was unfairly comfortable. The ultra-soft sheets wrapped around a perfect memory foam mattress with–get this–heating and cooling controls. If she wasn't a little stressed about a potential fire hazard she would've cranked the heat up to the max, but the mechanism was a bit too foreign and she backed out before falling asleep. Even his pillows were the perfect middle between hard and soft; A perfect Goldilocks moment for the artist.

It took ages for her to finally stir, perfectly wrapped in the expensive bedding and wondering where the hell she was that was this cozy. It certainly wasn't her bed.

That realization alone was enough to make her shoot up.

Soft light danced through the window and bounced off prismatic decorations that she now noticed hung from the ceiling, casting brilliant rainbows across the bedspread and adding to the warm atmosphere of Kirishima's room.

Kirishima's room. Had she slept in? Now a bit panicked at possibly overstaying her welcome, Red threw back the covers and hurried to the door. On her way out she snatched her phone from the dresser and checked the time: 12:00 pm. She'd slept almost 12 hours in someone else's bed. She was definitely overstaying her welcome at this point. Preparing for the walk of shame, she opened the door to the rest of the apartment.

The kitchen was empty. The living room was, too; the only indication that he'd been there at all was the blanket and pillow still on the couch. It smelled a bit like coffee and she spotted a plate and mug in the sink.

The door to the bathroom was open with no lights on, so he wasn't there either. There was only one more room at the back of the hallway. Red tiptoed her way over to it and knocked gently. "Kirishima?" No response. When she tried to turn the knob, it was locked.

Whatever that room was, he wasn't in there. Red ventured into the kitchen once more; this time, however, she noticed the note.

The piece of paper was ripped from a notebook and written in handwriting so terrible she could barely read it. Kirishima's horrid penmanship pulled a small laugh from her as she attempted to decipher his writing:

I hope u slept well! feel free to anything in the fridge or the pantry. I put tea on a lower shelf so u can reach it.

sunny pulled some stuff out of ur bag last night but I packed it again this morning. let me know if I need to replace anything chewed up lol

I had a lot of fun with u last night! I hope it was fun for u too.

Eijirou

P.S. ur pepper spray is expired u should get a replacement to be safe

For a moment Red was embarrassed that he knew she'd brought pepper spray, but clearly he wasn't offended. In fact, he seemed much more concerned with the fact that it may be dysfunctional.

She felt a bit stupid for not realizing he was at work. Of course he was at work. She should probably get back to her job as well. Tuesdays were her busiest days, so–

Oh no.

It was Tuesday. Tuesdays were appointments with Dabi and she was already– she checked her phone again– an hour late.