Chapter 4

That makes me remind me those foolish days, even more
Which made me work harder
The days when I was young and cheerful
And the heart that was pumping so fast after dancing hard.

Kihyun - Youth

The light shines into the teahouse.
The mist had listed.
The sun was finally shining again.
It's sunrays went through the windows, making every small particle of dust glow in the light.
Like small stars floating around.
The cake had been eaten, and only crumps remained on the plate.
It had been wonderful indeed.
A surprise, a very pleasant and delicious surprise.
The matcha foam that was left in the cup could have been mistaken for jade dust.
The beautiful earthy green was so pleasing to the eyes.
We need more of that exact color, Kihyun thought.
Calm colors to tame this modern world.
A world that had a too high of a speed, that some, including Kihyun, could feel were overwhelming.

It was like the world was spinning so quick that it could feel like you were falling off.
A cruel world it was.
But here in this very room, time stood still for a bit.
Nothing and no one could ruin it. Kihyun took a very deep breath.
This was nice.
Kihyun didn't want to leave.
But he had to.
The evening were approaching very soon.
He made a mental note to go back to this place soon.
He packed his things and went to the cash register to set his used tableware, having already payed for the matcha but Wonho wouldn't let him pay for the cake.

"Thank you for everything. Especially the cake." Kihyun said while smiling.

"Of course. I hoped you liked it. I'll be sure to buy more." Wonho said cheeringly.
The larger man could have been a kid if he didn't look like a full-grown buff man.
He felt like a person who were very young at heart.
Refreshing, Kihyun thought.
And then he said goodbye and thanked Wonho again for good measure.

*

Kihyun closed his front door.
He had changed the locks recently and put an extra one on it for good measure, as well as putting a security camera outside the door so he would be able to see anyone who passed by or knocked on his door.
Was he paranoid?
Yes but with Mingyu as his ex he better be.
After the freakout Mingyu had, Kihyun had been extra scared.
This home which he had payed for himself was no longer fully secure as it had been before.
So some extra security measures were helping to calm his nerves.
He had also as his own overthinking superstitious self cleansed the whole apartment both with water and sope, but also with sage.
Not that he thought that Mingyu were an evil entity but the bad energy had been suffocating.
Better be as safe as possible.
He had even brought out protective talismans by the door and windows, and crystals as well.

Kihyun lit a couple of incense sticks. The smoke danced around the room, filling the air with it's sweet smell. Kihyun changed into his fluffy bathrobe and lit his electric kettle to make some herbal tea now that it was late.
But also because he needed the self-care.
He was hungry too but didn't feel for cooking so he opened a delivery app on his phone and ordered some tteoppokki, some Kimchi side dishes and some Kimchi jiggae.
He could always eat soup, no matter how hot the weather got.
Soup was the best comfort food.
It reminded him of rainy days in spring, and days filled with laughter and good times with his friends.

Oh he missed those days.

Life was easier then.

A/N: Hello everyone! Chapter 4 woop!Took me longer to update than I thought it would take due to a whole lot of stuff happening

A/N:
Hello everyone! Chapter 4 woop!
Took me longer to update than I thought it would take due to a whole lot of stuff happening. And it has made me stressed and anxious...so much that I had a full blown panic attack yesterday and now feel so drained from energy🥲 but I have a good feeling that spring will be a good time for me, so I have hopes for good times with my friends and boyfriend!💪🏻 take care of yourselves out there! Sending hugs!🌸🌸
- Krystalpigen