Chapter 6

"Manage me, I'm a mess
Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
I wanna feel weightless, and that should be enough. "
Weightless - All Time Low 🖤

After a quick shower to freshen up, Kihyun made himself a nice cup of coffee.
Mingyu had destroyed his good espresso machine in one of his many rampages, and Kihyun had yet to get a new one, so he had to make do with a pour over coffee. ( Which is absolutely great anyway)
He had gotten a real designer pour over from Japan.
That, together with a bit of honey roast, he had gotten when he visited Denmark once.
He had fallen in love with the scandinavic design and oldschoolness of the danish store brand Irma (the best ngl).
Especially their coffee.
He needed to go again soon, especially now that he had heard that the store branch was closing.
After he had gotten his lovely cup of coffee in a cute mug, he went to his bedroom.
He put some good music on and began getting ready.

He started with a bit of skincare.
First, some toner to prep the skin for the other skincare, so the other product can sink further down into the skin.
Then, a good serum with hyaloronic acid to moisture and to plumpen the skin.
Then a really good tone up sheet mask so all of his skin were brightened, then moisturiser and sunscreen.
Kihyun always wore sunscreen no matter the season and weather.
He wanted to stay as youthful as possible, and UV rays are the worst enemy in terms of againg.
Did Kihyun have a slight fear of looking old?
Maybe.
Maybe just a tiny bit.

His grandmother was the one who taught him about beauty and the importance of such.
All that he knew about beauty came from his grandmother.
He missed her so very much.
But as the saying goes, the prettiest flower gets plucked first.
Kihyun reminded himself that he should go to the cemetary soon with some jasmine flowers.
Her favourite.

He took a sip of his coffee and let his mouth indulge in the flavours.
The bitternes hit his tongue.
He took a deep breath and breathed out while saying his mantra, "This day is going to be a good day."
He then grabbed his cushion foundation and began putting it on. He just put it on the worst spots where you could see that he hadn't slept that well at night.
Then he did his eyebrows, and he was ready.
And out for coffee he went!

*

Shownu looked just as he did when they had left uni.
He was tall, broad, and muscular.
And very handsome, Kihyun had always been a tiny bit jealous of the taller.
Kihyun, who were quite skinny and not as tall, felt as if he couldn't compare.
He always felt too "less" to be Shownu's friend.
Shownu was everything he wished to be.
And Shownu were the only ones to give back, friendship wise, to Kihyun.

He was quite outgoing by the look of it, though he was quite the introverted person in real life.
But Kihyun had been unlucky compared to Shownu.
He thought he were as important to his friends as they were to him.
He had been naive.
He knew it.
But he had hoped to someday have a friend who gave as much as they took. And he had gotten that friend with Shownu.
A friend who matched his energy. And then Kihyun with Mingyu, and he didn't get to see Shownu at all almost because of Mingyu's jealousy.
But now, Kihyun could do whatever he wanted!
He was free!
Finally!

Standing tall, Shownu stood by one of the convenience stores at the central station.
He looked good.
His boyfriend had taken good care of him.
Minhyuk was quite the lucky man. Minhyuk were Shownu's boyfriend, who owned a successful restaurant and bar.
He treated Shownu like a king.

"Hey," Shownu said when he saw Kihyun walking towards him.

"Ready for coffee?" He asked smiling ear to ear.

"Yes. We have a lot to catch up on."

🌸

Hello everyone! I'm back from the dead!
I'm just kidding. I've just had a whole lot of stuff going on. Lots of uni, new work, and new stuff in general. But I'll try to update a bit more!🤞🏻
Sending love to everyone! And go get a cup of tea🍵