Chapter 5

A small circle under our feet
(Me next to you)
This world gets bigger than the universe
Moving each other forever

One - Astro

Kihyun sat down.
The delivery man had just arrived with his food, and he now sat by the big dining table.
Food and tea ready to be inhaled due to Kihyun's hunger for the meal.
The delicious smell of the freshly made comfort food filled his nose.
But he needed something to watch before he began eating.
He knew it was a bad habit, but it felt like he was less alone when he were in the big apartment.
He sometimes missed having someone around, but it seemed like it would be a good while before he wanted to date again.
For his own mental health. Maybe he should get a cat?...That would make his home less lonely.

Kihyun took a bite of a rice cake.
It tasted sooooo good!
It tasted like home.
The chewiness.
The heat from the sauce.
The then toon a spoonful of soup.
It had been ages since he last had gotten it.
The tofu was tender and sweet.
The soup itself was really well balanced spice wise.
The kimchi was fresh.
And the tuna was tender too.
They had even put some fresh enoki mushrooms.

Kihyuns vision began to blur and he felt the warmth of his tears when they travelled down his cheeks and down to his soup.
He felt so lonely.
As he went and ate again, he let his tears run free.

He ate everything until he got stomachache.
He then threw away the takeaway boxes and went to his bedroom.
Not even feeling for doing any of his normal skincare regimens.
He simply changed to sleepwear and laid down on his bed.
He wanted to sleep.
Sleep the sad feelings away.
At least for today.
A new day were waiting.
And he knew it could be better than this day.
And then he drifted away.
He wished for sweet dreams.
And then he dozed off.

*

Kihyun could feel the sun on his face. It must be atleast 9 in the morning.
He was happy that he had a flexible work at home job.
He only went to the office if there were an important meeting or something alike.
He wanted to lay down in his bed with his eyes closed just a bit more. He had felt extremely tired every morning.
It was awful.
He snuggled down under the covers again.
Suddenly his phone began to ring.

"Ugh.." Kihyun said.

His ringtones were all different and matched to each person.
This one were Shownu's.
His old university friend.
The friend who started the riot in his life.
But how could it be Shownu's fault? And how could it be Kihyuns fault?
It was no one but Mingyu's fault.
He was the one who went beserk over nothing but the fact that Kihyun still spoke to Shownu due to their friendship...Mingyu couldn't have it...
At....All....

Kihyun Picked up the phone

"Hey" He said, still sounding very groggy.

"Hey just wanted to ask you out for a cup of coffee to catch up on. My boyfriend suddenly had to go to work due to his boss getting sick, so my plans with his are cancelled. He knows that I'm asking you and he's okay with it:" Shownu said.

Kihyun thought for a bit.
He had felt lonely for quite a while. He hadn't really hanged out with anyone other than for work since his university days, so why not?

"Yeah sure" Kihyun said. Let's meet by the central station" he offered.

"It's a plan! See you soon Kihyun!" Shownu said happily before hanging up.

Kihyun looked in the mirror.
He needed to take care of his skin.
It looked rough and puffy.
Mostly do to the no skincare, lots of crying and bad sleep.

He better had to do something.

A/N: Hi everyone. I've been really stressed with UNI so sorry that my update comes so late.

Today had been a good day with me passing a test but then I looked on social media and got the sad news of dear Moonbin passing away. It still hasn't hit me with full force. I simply can't comprehend it. Dear Moonbin, you were loved and you were amazing. You will be missed. Rest in peace our Moon <3

Check up on your loved one's. You never know who's struggling. Take care. Please.

- Krystalpigen