- Nine - Returned -

- Cas' POV -

Sometime during the night Dean slips away from my arms. I hear him pull on a jacket.
"Dean?" I say.
"Go back to sleep." He whispers gently.
"Where are you going?" I ask. No response. I hear the window open and open my eyes to see Dean slip out. He has Jeans and his dad's old leather jacket on. I force myself to sit up and follow him. I slip out the window and around the corner. Dean is standing on the edge of the roof.
"Dean?" I ask stumbling slightly towards him. He catches me.
"Castiel, I told you to go back to sleep." He says. I jolt when he calls me Castiel instead of Cas.
"Cas." I correct him.
"Castiel." He confirms.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Going somewhere. I'll be back later though." Dean replies.
"I'm coming." I say proudly.
"You're half asleep. You are staying here." He says. He slides down a pole beside the house and I follow him.
"Castiel." He almost sounds mad.
"No." I say immediately. Dean just shakes his head and starts running. I follow him fully awake. We run up hills and reach the edge of a forest. Dean starts weaving expertly between the trees. I follow him making land marks as we run. Mossy tree. Burnt bush. Fallen tree. Black car.
Dean stops. I almost trip.

His dad's car. It's clean and shiny.
"How is it in such good shape?" I ask staring dumbfounded. Dean walks over to a bush and pulls out a toolbox. He grabs keys from his pocket and opens the car. The door sqeauks. He sits in the drivers seat looking the most comfortable I've ever seen him. He slips the key in the ignition and turns it. The vehicle growls to life. It spits a little bit. Dean opens the trunk and pulls out a gas tank. Most of the trunk is taken up by a large black box.
"What's the box for?" I ask. Dean fills up the gas tank and someone comes running up behind us.
"Hey, Sam. Got our stuff?" I ask. He puts two large duffle bags down. One beside me and one beside Dean. He has one strapped on his back.
"It works." Sam gasps.
"Better damn straight work. I worked on it for 3 years on her." Dean says.
"Her?" I ask.
"My baby. I have wanted this car since my dad drove up with it for the first time. Pack the bags, Sam." Dean says nodding towards the bags and the toolbox. Sam tosses the bags in the back seat and puts the toolbox under the back seat.
"Mission completed?" Dean asks. Sam nods slowly and sadly.
"It's okay Sam. He was expecting it." Dean says patting his brothers back. He puts the gas tank back in the trunk and his phone rings and he slides it out of his pocket and answers.
"Hey Bobby." Dean says and stays silent for a second.
"I got em, yeah." He says turning to the drivers side. Sam is already in the back seat. He looks at me and points to the front seat.
"Ready to go?" Dean asks putting his phone back in his pocket. I slide in the front seat. It smells like gunpowder, leather and whiskey. It smells like Dean. I shut the door and Dean turns the car lights off. The car growls gently as we turn towards the road. A tow truck drives by and I notice the person in the front. Dean turns on the lights and drifts onto the road after Bobby. Dean looks so comfortable. He is driving with one hand turning the steering wheel with the curves of the road. I see flame from the bottom of the hill. Dean's house.
"Cas. We got something to tell you." Dean says. I look at him. He is smiling out the front and Sam is leaning over the seat. I have a feeling that my life is about to change but as long as I am with Dean and Sam... I'm okay with that idea.