- Five - Revenge -

- Seven Years Later -
-Dean's POV -
I run downstairs and grab my backpack just as Cas walks in.
"Morning." He says.
"Mornin' Cas." I say. ACDC is playing on the radio.
"Sammy, let's go." I yell. Sam comes dashing down the stairs and grabs his backpack. I ruffle his hair and he runs out the door. I look up at Cas and ruffle his hair while swinging my backpack over one shoulder. It sticks out in all sorts of different directions. I laugh.
"Alright. Friday. Short classes. Let's go." I say.
"Bye Bobby!" Cas and I yell.
"Bye!" He yells back from upstairs. I shut the door and throw my arm around Cas's shoulder like I do every morning. He smiles. Sam is running in circles around us.
"For a twelve year-old. You still have alot of energy." I say. He laughs. We get to school in a few minutes since it's just four blocks up.
Sam runs up to meet his friend and Cas and I just walk into the school heading to science class trying to aboid Crowley. I see him leaning against a locker and turn the other direction. No teacher ever realizes what he does to me. I always male up stupid excuses.
"Hello boys." Crowley says walking up behind us. He looks at Cas first.
"I've never failed to let you touch him. You have never touched Cas and it will not start any time soon." I say dropping my arm and standing between them.
"Well if I punch you out then I can get your friend." Crowley says clenching his hand into a fist.
"Go for it." Dean says. Crowley swings and connects his fost with Dean's jaw. Dean stumbles backwards and catches himself. Cas knows not to interfere which is good.
"Nice. But I'm still awake." I tease. I stand up and duck his next punch. I see Mr. Ross. Our science teacher walk around the corner. He observes staring at Cas.
"Remember Cas. Do not get involved." I say loudly backing away from Crowley.
He swings again I don't have enough time to duck. It connects with my temple and everything momentarily goes dark and I feel my head hit the floor. White dots edge my vision but I shake them off and stare at Crowley. He kicks my side now that I am on the floor. Then he punches my cheekbone.
"Hey!" I hear Mr. Ross yell. He never yells and Crowley back off immediately. My eyes are closed and I can feel Cas's hands on my shoulders.
"Crowley. Expelled." Mr. Ross says.
"It was his fault! He punched me first!" Crowley says in protest.
"He didn't even touch you. I was watching." Mr. Ross says.
"Yes he did h-" Crowley gets cut off.
"I knew you were an idiot but beating up a completely innocent kid. I would flat out punch you and kick your ass out of this school if I could." Mr. Ross says.
"Mr. Ross-" Crowley starts.
"Office. Now. I'm watching you leave." Mr. Ross says. Crowley sulks to the office.
"You'll pay for this Winchester." He says. Fear pokes me in the gut but I shove it away. My eyes are still closed and I don't want to open them.
"Dean?" Mr. Ross asks. I don't respond.
"Cas?" He asks. He wants an explaination for why he didn't interfere.
"Dean promised to protect me like he protects his brother. He wanted me to have a good experience here. Last time I interfered he didn't talk to me for a week and I cried." Cas said. Wait. He cried. I feel myself lift off the ground. Why is Mr. Ross carrying me. I groan when I try to move.
"Dean, could you not move? You already have a concussion and your head is bleeding. I'm just gunna take you to science and clean you up." He says. I still try to protest until we get to science. The bell is long from ringing. Atleast another hour. I hear a door shut and I am set down sitting on a desk. I feel someone sit behind me and wrap their arms around my shoulders holding me to them. I put my hand on his arm knowing it's Cas.
"Cas." I say my voice slurring.
"Shush." He whispers. I obey order and sit quietly. I open my eyes though. I look up at Mr. Ross who is holding a wet cloth. He wipes the blood off my cheek and temple.
"How ya feelin?" He asks.
"Ow." I complain as he drags the cloth over the cuts again. He laughs.
"You're good at guitar." Mr. Ross says randomly.
"How would you know?" I ask.
"I listen to you and Cas play downstairs at lunch." he says.
"Oh." Is all I say.
He offers me a bandaid for the cuts but I just decline.
"So, I have a few instruments that I don't use anymore. You guys want em?" He asks. I stare at him with a blank expression.
"Are you serious?" Cas says from behind me.
"Yeah. I got a few electrics and 4 acoustics. I haven't used them for around 8 years and you guys seem like you wpuld use them everyday. So. Want em?" He explains and asks again. I nod still staring at him with a blank expression.
"Alright. I'll drop the stuff off, how's after school at your house?" He asks.
"Yeah." I say.
"Cool." Cas says. He smiles at us.
"I'm serious, you two. I'll see you both at Dean's house. Oh and Dean.. You don't actually have a concussion." He says walking out of the classroom. I stare after him as he shuts the door. Why is he closing the door? I turn to look at Cas. He has a wide smile but his eyes look at my face with worry.
"I'm okay." I whisper turning fully around to hug him. He holds me tightly and I stand up off the desk. I sit in my desk and pull my sketchbook out of backpack which Cas brought. I pull it out and work on a sketch that I randomly started last night when I couldn't sleep. Cas leans over my shoulder.
"Couldn't sleep last night?" He asks.
"No." I say positively.
"Why sketch my name?" He asks.
"You weren't there and I felt like I was missing something." I explain.
"I can be there tonight." He says putting his arms over my shoulders and plucking the pencil put of my hand. He reaches up and leans my hand up so I'm looking up at him. His eyes are mezmorizing. They have been since the very first time I looked at them. My eyes uncontrollably flicker to his mouth but I force myself to look back at his eyes. He smiles and leans down kissing me ever so gently. My breath completely leaves. I think he heart stopped beating for a second or two. He pulls away and looks up at the board. I blush furiously looking back at my sketch. Picking up my pencil. Cas slides his hands away fron my chest and sits next to me in his desk. I look at the clock. 9:45. Five more minutes of blushing. Five more minutes? I'll be blushing all day because of that. I see Cas glance at me and smile. The bell rings and I turn the page in my sketchbook to a new page and start sketching something.