Prologue : Sans

The snow fell from an unknown source up the cave's ceiling too high for reach, gently showering the place below accompanied with the pleasant ambience it had always created.

Nightmare stared up the layers of fog covering the earth that may have helped to make the people at least forget they were trapped underground. He slowly tilted his head down, staring ahead the path he was about to take. Trees framed the snow-covered pathway, a sentry station sticking out like a sore thumb in a distance with its light-colored wood. Nightmare could also sense his target's presence in there.

Nightmare's curled up tentacles retracted into his back as he stepped forward. The snow- and probably some things buried under there- crunched at his every step. There was not much wind to make anything rustle, so his footsteps resounded through the place like a thunder in a silent night. He immediately sensed the spike of curiosity from his recipient; Sans was finally awake.

Nightmare wasted no time in walking and teleported in front of the sentry station. Not even a second after he appeared, an axe nearly met his sight. Fortunately, he dodged quick, the axe slicing past him and burying deep within the trunk of a tree behind. It emit a loud crash that shook the atmosphere into tension.

"I don't know what you're doing here, but I think you're lost, bud." Sans said in a grumbling voice, the crooked smile on his face widening in a sickening manner as his cracked head tilted. His single red eye fixated on him, a vivid glimmer of viciousness apparent in his growing pupil.

"Well, you've proven that I'm exactly where I need to be," Nightmare smirked, more than amused with the attitude and skill this Sans has already shown him. Nightmare felt the other's alarm at his display of confidence. The Sans did not speak further as he slowly righted his tilted head with his smile ceasing little by little.

"Now," Nightmare stepped forward, setting the Sans' alarm bells ringing in his head apparent to how he'd flinched a little.

"May I interest you in some negotiation of mine?"