𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘

"𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀! 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐔𝐏!" Her brothers voice booms through the house. Isla rolls her eyes, dusting off excess setting powder with a brush before standing up and searching for a pair of heels.

"Shut up! I'm not going to drive you if you don't keep your lips zipped." She shouts back, shoving her feet into a pretty pair of dainty black heels, the rhinestoned straps wrapping up her calves.

Today was this big party that her brother had found on instagram. But since he didn't have a car, she was forced to drive him in exchange for 20 bucks and food the next day.
So here she was. All dressed in a tight black dress that shows off her curves with a natural makeup look. Not that she needed any makeup anyways.

"I swear if you don't—"
"Oh, hush. Who the hell even shows up on time to parties? Chill." Isla mutters under her breath, gripping onto the stair railing as she attempts to step down the stairs in her stilettos.
"Why do girls even wear those? Like... you can't even walk." Her brother, Nathan, questions curiously as he holds an arm out to balance her.

"Because they're cute and they make me taller." She smiles, loving the idea of heels but hating the pain of wearing them.
"How am I gonna drive in these?"
"You'll manage." He laughs, dragging her out the door and shoving one of her lip products in his pant pocket for later.

Isla steps into the car, testing the way her feet feel on the peddles before cursing under her breath, untying the straps of her shoes and tossing them in the back seat.
"What..." Nathan mutters, getting into the passengers seat confused.
"Can't drive with them. Barefoot it is!"

As soon as he shuts the door, she slams the car into reverse, his hands grasping the seat to keep his body stable.
"Jesus christ! Can you not drive normally?" Nathan curses, struggling to put his seat belt on.
"Cry about it. I'm an amazing driver—"
"Yeah, that's what like everyone who sucks at driving says." He scoffs, the seatbelt buckle clicking.
Isla's hand reaches out to turn on the music, drowning out his complaints.
"Almost there, stop complaining."

The drive was around thirty minutes long, mostly filled with her brothers endless complaining. But it was all worth it for him when he saw the bright lights and felt the music from the venue bumping the street.
"Holy.." Isla mutters with a raised brow.
"There's going to be famous people in here." Nathan exclaims, acting like a child that got their first toy.
"Probably not. Now get out of my car and find your friends. I need to find a parking spot." Isla ushers him out of her vehicle before pulling the car into reverse and almost hitting a few people on the way.

She unbuckles her seatbelt, climbing into the back seat to find her pair of shoes that she tossed back there.
"Where the hell are those things!" She exclaims, obviously annoyed. The original pair she wanted to wear were nowhere to be seen beneath the mess of her backseat.
But she had another pair of chunky heels that would just have to do.
"Ugh." Isla complains, muttering various curses to herself and she loops the strap through the
buckle, securing them onto her ankles.

Her feet are a bit steadier in this pair of shoes as she walks along the concrete sidewalk, closing in on the party venue.
As Isla walks inside, a few hungry eyes are on her, eyeing her up and down.
"Nathan!" She calls out, his head darting around trying to find his sister.
They make eye contact and he glances down at her feet, raising a brow at the different pair of shoes. She notices and rolls her eyes as she rests beside him.
"I lost the other pair." Nathan let's out a laugh, placing an arm over her shoulder and leading her towards his group of friends.

"Well, maybe if you cleaned your car—"
"Don't even." Isla laughs.
The siblings stop in front of a group of men and two girls, them all greeting Nathan before glancing over at Isla.
"This is my older sister, Isla." He introduces his sister, shoving her into the group.
"Heyy. It's nice to meet you guys but i'm going to get a drink." Isla dismisses herself, stepping away from her brothers friends on the search for alcohol.

"I think i'm gonna vomit." Isla mutters to the group of people she was sitting on the bathroom floor with, a bottle in her hand.
"We told you to chill out." A girl she now knows as Veronica states, snatching the bottle out of her hand before leading Isla towards the toilet.
"I have a strong stomach." One of the girls she was sipping up with speaks, her words slurred as she gags in her mouth.

"Totally." Isla jokes, stomach acid leaking out of her mouth as she dry heaves over the toilet.
There are knocks on the bathroom door as Isla vomits. Reluctantly, Veronica leaves Isla's side and opens the door, her eyes widening once she sees who it is.

"Excuse me, can I—" The man stops speaking as he sees Isla wipe her mouth, making eye contact with the unknown woman.
"Can you give us a minute?" Isla asks. But it wasn't really a question as Veronica shuts the door in his face, an astonished look in her eyes.
Isla stares at her confused.

"What?"

AUTHORS NOTE :: First chapter!! I hope you guys like it, it's kind of lazily written but it's fine

Leave feedback in the comments, I like involved readers!!
Written :: 04/04/2023
Published :: 04/10/2023

🤍🤍🤍